Trade Deadline- What to Do??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Someone will take Toews for a mid first rounder. Book it!

No. Nobody pays 10.5M for Toews. Nobody. Nobody takes Toews off our hands even if the Hawks retain 3-4M in salary and add a sweetener like say hartman or Hayden and Hino. Even with that --- Toews/Hawks retain 4M and give both Hartman and Hino --- that still would not net a 1st round pick.

There will be no "booking". Toews is an anchor on the Hawks and will remain so until he retires. There is no way to off-load him --- no one in their right mind takes a player that performs at a 4-5M level and pays him 10.5M. We could not sweeten the pot enough and/or retain enough to pull off a trade.

Both Toews and Seabs are the Hawks and Hawks to bear for the duration.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Domi has wayyyyyy more talent than you're giving him credit for AD. I've been one of Hartman's more vocal supporters for a few years now, but I'd absolutely swap him for Domi. Domi has great puck skills, great speed, and for a little guy has no problem getting physical/initiating contact. Guy is Hinostroza but better.

He's been misused in Arizona. They've turned a guy who should be a buzz saw attacking whirling dervish winger into a timid center. Throw him on a depth scoring line with Hino and a center who can somewhat keep up with those two and look out.

Cat - Toews - Duclair
Saad - Schmaltz - Kane
Domi - AA - Hino
Jurco - Kampf - Hayden

Giggity.

maybe you are right, we see what happens when players go to different systems and they just seem to "get it."

I even said he might do well here, and likely needs a fresh start. I just never saw what others saw in him..he was a decently skilled guy with grit, never tore up the OHL either offensively. Hartman didn't have amazing OHL numbers either, but you knew for him to make it he needed to be an energy type guy...I see the same with Domi, never saw him as a skill guy to be honest- but man have I missed the boat on so many guys right lol!

For me, the past 2 years Hartman has been the better player, and Domi gets over 17 minutes a night and has 3 goals - that has to worry you DHF??

If we can land him on the cheap, I am fine with that, but if it costs Hartman plus..I simply can't justify that to be honest at this time.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Whats a good comparable package? Probably the one Calgary put together for Lazar? So, a 2nd or a decent prospect like Hayden and a 3rd maybe? I'd do that probably. Domi can be a really good top 9 player here, and if we don't have to part with Hartman to get him then it becomes more of a no brainer trade imo.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Whats a good comparable package? Probably the one Calgary put together for Lazar? So, a 2nd or a decent prospect like Hayden and a 3rd maybe? I'd do that probably. Domi can be a really good top 9 player here, and if we don't have to part with Hartman to get him then it becomes more of a no brainer trade imo.
Domi is far better than Lazar.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Domi is far better than Lazar.

Just saying at one point both players were highly thought of prospects and Lazar fizzled out, got traded for a 2nd round pick after putting up pretty bad numbers in Ottawa. It seems like Domi's development has taken a similar path. Hawks don't have a 2nd round pick this year, so they'd have to work around a decent prospect and a pick this year and maybe next or a roster player like Hartman. I am a fan of pursuing Domi. Think his development has been derailed in a tire fire organization. Someone will pay more than a package with a pick and B- prospect. Hartman is probably the only piece to get a conversation started.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Just saying at one point both players were highly thought of prospects and Lazar fizzled out, got traded for a 2nd round pick after putting up pretty bad numbers in Ottawa. It seems like Domi's development has taken a similar path. Hawks don't have a 2nd round pick this year, so they'd have to work around a decent prospect and a pick this year and maybe next or a roster player like Hartman. I am a fan of pursuing Domi. Think his development has been derailed in a tire fire organization. Someone will pay more than a package with a pick and B- prospect. Hartman is probably the only piece to get a conversation started.
Difference is, Domi has shown he can produce at the NHL level, and produce well. (His career worst season is better than Hartmans best).

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Yeah, Domi would be very good pickup and has potential to be very good top-6 forward and has the same nose that Hartman has when Hartzy just does it. I mean I like Hartman but he sometimes just lacks effort and doesnt bring that feistiness.

I’m not saying that Domi does it every single night but Domi is more skilled player than Hartman which compensates that feistiness.

Domi also has very good chemistry with Duclair and I could see them playing together effectively in new system.

I posted Hartman and 3rd for Domi. @Blue Liner said that the cost will be higher and agree. Not sure what I would willingly pay for Domi but I’d start with Hartman and 3rd, something add with that too. Domi’s market value is at least late 1st + B-prospect.

Would love him as Blackhawk. Then only OEL, Keller, Fischer, Dvorak and Chychrun and wee are done with the AZ. :)

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If we are moving Hartman, I'd hope it would be for a prospect/young RD dman.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If we are moving Hartman, I'd hope it would be for a prospect/young RD dman.

Agree with this 99,9%. 0,01% only for Domi.

For me, Hartman is the most expendable guy WHO also has some value. The emergence of Vinnie has made him available for trade. Duclair, Sikura and Hayden affects that too.

I still say sell Rutta, Kempny, Franson, Bouma etc for picks, play youngsters. Give Snuggerud a chance and bring up Forsling.

I think people still see some hope in Rutta and I kind of agree but he might have highest trade value of those.

Keith - Oesterle
Forsling - Murphy
Snuggerud - Seabrook

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No. Nobody pays 10.5M for Toews. Nobody. Nobody takes Toews off our hands even if the Hawks retain 3-4M in salary and add a sweetener like say hartman or Hayden and Hino. Even with that --- Toews/Hawks retain 4M and give both Hartman and Hino --- that still would not net a 1st round pick.

There will be no "booking". Toews is an anchor on the Hawks and will remain so until he retires. There is no way to off-load him --- no one in their right mind takes a player that performs at a 4-5M level and pays him 10.5M. We could not sweeten the pot enough and/or retain enough to pull off a trade.

Both Toews and Seabs are the Hawks and Hawks to bear for the duration.
lets talk about this..... how can a team hide a player and his salary.

in a regular line-up, a team can't hide a d-man in a lower pairing , b/c he will be playing a vital part as the responsibility of that position.

now compare that with a forward ..... the coach can bury him on the 4th line and still use his skills to still help the team. unlike a d-man, unless the coach will dress 7 d-men.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
maybe you are right, we see what happens when players go to different systems and they just seem to "get it."

I even said he might do well here, and likely needs a fresh start. I just never saw what others saw in him..he was a decently skilled guy with grit, never tore up the OHL either offensively. Hartman didn't have amazing OHL numbers either, but you knew for him to make it he needed to be an energy type guy...I see the same with Domi, never saw him as a skill guy to be honest- but man have I missed the boat on so many guys right lol!

For me, the past 2 years Hartman has been the better player, and Domi gets over 17 minutes a night and has 3 goals - that has to worry you DHF??

If we can land him on the cheap, I am fine with that, but if it costs Hartman plus..I simply can't justify that to be honest at this time.

I really can't evaluate anybody properly playing for Arizona. That team is a complete and total toxic waste dump. Being misused is bad for any player. Being misused on a team that's a total tire fire is a totally different thing. I wouldn't say that it's a move without risk. It's just a move that's got way more upside than downside IMO.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I would move Anisimov to Columbus, Hartman to St.Louis/Pittsburgh, Kempny/Rutta to Toronto

To Columbus:
Artem Anisimov

To Chicago:
Gabriel Carlsson
2nd round pick
--

To St.Louis:
Ryan Hartman

To Chicago:
Jordan Schmaltz

--

To Toronto:
Michal Kempny
5th round pick

To Chicago:
Josh Leivo
Ben Smith

Reactions: migi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I would move Anisimov to Columbus, Hartman to St.Louis/Pittsburgh, Kempny/Rutta to Toronto

To Columbus:
Artem Anisimov

To Chicago:
Gabriel Carlsson
2nd round pick
--

To St.Louis:
Ryan Hartman

To Chicago:
Jordan Schmaltz

--

To Toronto:
Michal Kempny
5th round pick

To Chicago:
Josh Leivo
Ben Smith

Personally, I would do every single trade. I know people here dont want to trade with Blues because yeah, we all know. And in real world that trade wouldn’t happen.

We dont need Ben Smith really so lets just leave him scoring in Marlies though. But overall good thinking.

I dont know what the real value is with Anisimov but potential Dman and top-50 pick sounds pretty good I think. Maybe could fetch more, idk.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Personally, I would do every single trade. I know people here dont want to trade with Blues because yeah, we all know. And in real world that trade wouldn’t happen.

We dont need Ben Smith really so lets just leave him scoring in Marlies though. But overall good thinking.

I dont know what the real value is with Anisimov but potential Dman and top-50 pick sounds pretty good I think. Maybe could fetch more, idk.

I miss Smithy :D:help:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Difference is, Domi has shown he can produce at the NHL level, and produce well. (His career worst season is better than Hartmans best).

Domi has shown he can produce?

I do not get what you see (and DHF) with Domi to be honest - he had a solid rookie year, since then he has been very underwhelming.

Hartman is in his second season, Domi in his 3rd - Hartman will outproduce his own rookie season which Domi did not in his sophomore year - to be fair Domi did miss a lot of time, but he was different out there and not scoring goals like he did in his rookie season.

Domi has 3 goals this year, 3...and you want to trade Hartman and others away for him??? Hartman isn't lighting the world on fire either with 7, but I just don't see a gap between the two to be honest to warrant a trade..

I usually support your opinions, but not this one...I think you can land Domi for less than Hartman if this is a guy people think can help, a pick and a decent prospect at this point.

Hartman has twice as many goals the last 2 seasons than Domi- that says enough for me.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I really can't evaluate anybody properly playing for Arizona. That team is a complete and total toxic waste dump. Being misused is bad for any player. Being misused on a team that's a total tire fire is a totally different thing. I wouldn't say that it's a move without risk. It's just a move that's got way more upside than downside IMO.

fair enough, but tire fire/bad system or not, talent still shines through which you are seeing with Keller, Chychrun, etc..
I just do not see how anyone can justify trading for a player whose numbers are declining each year (was hurt his sophomore year) but now to a point where you score 3 goals in 50 plus games...he has to step up and showcase something, he just hasn't in over a year and a half.

I love Hartman (no secret I know!), I would move him if needed as he is expendable...but not for this. Hartman is better off involved in a package deal as he has worth, but his worth isn't as high as it likely will be next year as most players have rough sophomore seasons just like Domi did.

I would not trade Hartman to the Blues, that would hurt us for years...local kid going to his rival team...yeah no thanks to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad