GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Looks like Adam Gold was right on this one..he said a few weeks back that they wouldn't really do anything significant.

It will be interesting to see how the spin doctoring goes in the coming weeks depending on how the Canes fare against the big boys. I don't envy Walt & co.
Trippers got 50 different shades of lipstick for that pig.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

Says Carolina called on Miller this morning according to 2 sources…

I wonder if Carolina was trying to get Miller for cheap and then use him as a rental and flip him in the summer for what they paid if they believe they could have got him for cheap. Been a lot of smoke around Miller last couple weeks it’s pretty clear they had conversations but I don’t see how they would wanna pay his new deal which kicks in after this season

Reactions: Chrispy

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
This TDL had me so frustrated I had to blow off some steam, so I walked the dog

Attachments

• BF0B0B6B-5087-4B24-B1E0-F03B5DA2E912.jpeg
    BF0B0B6B-5087-4B24-B1E0-F03B5DA2E912.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 2

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
No moves made ya I’m upset but they did grab ghost who’s gonna help and let’s see how pulju fits in. But they got this far with what they have let’s just pray they win the metro and at least avoid the rangers first round
I will remind everyone in the Covid year the Rags swept us in the regular season, and in the play in series started noted Cane killer King Henrick.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Burns only makes up for losing Tony, while adding just a few more points. I also only think he’s marginally better defensively.

Necas makes up for Nino. We haven’t come close to replacing Tro, not just the score sheet as much as righty draws and general solid center play.
I kinda disagree. On the PP yes, but Tro wasn't really very productive 5v5 last year:

Last year 5v5: Tro 0.67 G/60, 1.87 P/60: most common line mates = Necas and Svech
This year 5v5: KK 0.68 G/60, 1.52 P.60: most common line mates = Svech and Necas
This year 5v5: Tro. 0.59 G/60, 1.98 P/60: Most common line mantes = Panarin, Vesey and Lafreniere

So 5v5, Tro has scored at an equal to or worse rate than KK. He's had a few more assists, but not substantial.

I get the "righty draws" comment, but KK has been good on draws and his and Tro's GA/60 are identical.

That said, I think we need better production from the 2C. Better than Tro gave us also.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I kinda disagree. On the PP yes, but Tro wasn't really very productive 5v5:

Last year 5v5: Tro 0.67 G/60, 1.87 P/60: most common line mates = Necas and Svech
This year 5v5: KK 0.68 G/60, 1.52 P.60: most common line mates = Svech and Necas
This year 5v5: Tro. 0.59 G/60, 1.98 P/60: Most common line mantes = Panarin, Vesey and Lafreniere

So 5v5, Tro has scored at an equal to or worse rate than KK. He's had a few more assists, but not substantial.

I get the "righty draws" comment, but KK has been good on draws and his and Tro's GA/60 are identical.
I’m really talking about the overall affect of his play. As you know the right sided draws are important and even if KK is strong in general we’d like to have a righty in the mix. I found Tro to be stronger on the puck, less careless with it, a more consistent passer, more experienced and smarter defensively, much stronger on both his stick and on his feet. It’s more than pts to me.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

Seems to be a theme…getting outbid

I’m okay with not getting maxi Domi again we seen how that experiment went. Bertuzzi tho I would of liked to seen that happen

We overvalue our own prospects and picks.

Which is odd because it's the exact opposite behavior from when Dundon took over. But I guess it's different when it's the picks and prospects you acquired rather than Francis
They do but I think at least 2 guys from Chicago will be up full time next year once Stastny and Stepan are gone. Pulju will likely take fast spot

Reactions: hurricure

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010

Seems to be a theme…getting outbid

Six assets for Meier? Gotta wonder what they were if our offer wasn't accepted, or if it really was that the personal relationship between those two FOs won out.

Would have loved to see Bert in a Canes uniform.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We overvalue our own prospects and picks.

Which is odd because it's the exact opposite behavior from when Dundon took over. But I guess it's different when it's the picks and prospects you acquired rather than Francis
Maybe, but it might be they don't value guys like Bertuzzi and Domi as much as fans do.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Not willing to pay a first for Bertuzzi isn’t overvaluing your stuff it’s knowing when you are making a bad deal
How’s it a bad deal? This is a guy that’s a 40-50 point player who’s scored 20 goals twice and 30 once. Paying a late first and a 4th for a proven 20 goal scorer and a guy that isn’t afraid to mix it up and get under people’s skin seems like an easy decision imo. We likely won’t even see this first round pick play (if he does) for 3-4 years.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Says Carolina called on Miller this morning according to 2 sources…

I’m seeing a lot of talk about Miller’s NMC kicking in this Summer. There’s a provision in the CBA that allows for UFA age (7 years pro or 27 year olds) players to have a future trade clause retroactively applied, if the signing side agrees. Has anyone seen it reported that it hasn’t?

Reactions: Lempo

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
The feedback I have heard in my STM group is that people are generally pretty pissed. In the lower rows the renewals were close to a 50% increase. Seats in the 4th row that used to be comparable to row Z are now "Double Plus Premium Red Diamond" pricing.

All of the seats that traditionally were occupied by the highest priority STM because they were the best seats in each pricing tier saw targeted upgrades specifically for those areas. This is a year after eliminating the food and beverage credit.

Bold strategy to telegraph being aggressive to win this year, send out big STM renewal increases and then putter out of the TDL. I don't think the team is in any danger of losing fans overnight. But a 1st round exit will have people questioning the value proposition.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
How’s it a bad deal? This is a guy that’s a 40-50 point player who’s scored 20 goals twice and 30 once. Paying a late first and a 4th for a proven 20 goal scorer and a guy that isn’t afraid to mix it up and get under people’s skin seems like an easy decision imo. We likely won’t even see this first round pick play (if he does) for 3-4 years.
Now look at his scoring this year and understand rental prices are based on this year

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
If there's a good player to trade for during the draft, they should trade our late 1st round pick in a package. Thus finally upgrading the top 6.

If they are too conservative during the draft with whatever available players (good ones) there might be, then this summer could be a rough one IMO. It'd also be nice to get the big move done early in the offseason instead of things coming down to the wire and being empty handed again (for the top 6) like with this deadline.

Reactions: A Star is Burns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad