GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Canes struggled early, but since thanksgiving they have the 4th best PK in the league and the best net PK in the league.
Yup it’s been said but is still not the best, ie LY. For that matter, PP has been better for quite some time too versus early blahs.

Come April, competition ratchets up and so do the importance of their PK & PP….as I noted, I hope Pool party can enhance and be that big quick (Staal like but faster) target out front of kill.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yup it’s been said but is still not the best, ie LY. For that matter, PP has been better for quite some time too versus early blahs.

Come April, competition ratchets up and so do the importance of their PK & PP….as I noted, I hope Pool party can enhance and be that big quick (Staal like but faster) target out front of kill.

My point is that I don't think Tro was as big of a reason for the PK's success as you were attributing him to be. I remember years ago someone worried that letting Dwyer go would affect our PK. There was an adjustment time, but the team wasn't any worse for wear.

Last year: 88%; Net PK%: 89.5%
This year since thanskgiving 84.9%, Net PK% 92.4% (best in the NHL)

There's likely not a whole lot statistically different in those numbers. No doubt the team needed to adjust the first couple of months to the new personnel.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Argumentative and splitting hairs early in the morning. Geez please stop.

This is what I said: “Tro was also a core Pk guy that contributed

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
If you keep having dreams like that, I recommend you refrain from ever sleeping again!
What’s so funny is that with my crazy woek and sleep schedule, I so rarely remember dreams anymore. Perhaps it was the late game or that I have been away from work.

In any case, I hope the new contract talks do not have the same effect on him as last time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Argumentative and splitting hairs early in the morning. Geez please stop.

This is what I said: “Tro was also a core Pk guy that contributed
So you split hairs by saying "still not the best", then say "Geez please stop", but you couldn't help but continuing on with an argumentative statement yourself right after that comment. OK...:laugh:

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hopefully the team won't let it get to that point. Would be nice if they could get something done in the off-season so it doesn't become a distraction during the season. Not confident in that though.
With fewer contracts to negotiate this offseason (Staal, maybe Andersen?) there is time to focus on priority contracts coming up next year.

I think Aho and Necas will be top priorities this offseason. And if Aho wants to wait next year out, it only further emphasizes locking Necas up long-term this offseason.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
So you split hairs by saying "still not the best", then say "Geez please stop", but you couldn't help but continuing on with an argumentative statement yourself right after that comment. OK...:laugh:
Yup trying to illuminate your mistake by not focusing on my original words. Early AM with you just trying to pick a fight. You do that with others and it’s just tiresome to watch.

I’m a Marine and took you up on it but now it’s just run it’s course. I’ll never be bullied which I see is your MO.

Bye and thank goodness for the block.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Meh, I don't mind guys, so just let it go. I like having discussions, even when we disagree. I personally thought it was a good discussion with fact based information until the "geez, please stop" comment. If Chaz gets upset by that type of discourse, then no hard feelings if he blocks me.

I’m a marine and I don’t want to let it go

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’m a marine and I don’t want to let it go
frozen-elsa.gif

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I think this week has been a testy/more emotional one for this board with the trade deadline drama. There's been A LOT of arguing relative to normal days this season.

I think we should be able to agree to disagree whenever there's a difference of opinion. As someone said before recently on our board, we're a small group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad