GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I’m seriously beside myself that they did literally nothing today. I wasn’t expecting a big splash, but at least a depth move or two.

:surrender

I expected Eric Staal and Radko Gudas (physical mean sob) for Coglan + minor pick.

Eric Staal has more chops than some of our bottom 6 (sadly) and Gudas is a playoff warrior who can feed opponents their teeth. They would've cost pennies.

We got even less...

1677875396484.jpeg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I understand your sentiment, it just seems too harsh to me...
I totally understand why someone would think this is harsh. I personally think so as well, but when you have this kind of opportunity and you pass on it, despite the owner and coach publicly saying that there were big holes you were looking to fill.... Yeah, you're gambling that the results are coming this year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I totally understand why someone would think this is harsh. I personally think so as well, but when you have this kind of opportunity and you pass on it, despite the owner and coach publicly saying that there were big holes you were looking to fill.... Yeah, you're gambling that the results are coming this year.
This is in no way a jab, I just want to know your opinion or perhaps you'll learn more from your source. What would have been your preferred route after the Meier trade went down (whatever actually happened)? Do you think there was really anything realistic that would have satisfied the restless natives?

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
I'm going to say this right now.

If this team is going to hit the next level Svechnikov needs to find that next gear. he CANNOT disappear in the playoffs.

For his development he basically has this playoff and next season to turn into a ppg+ 40g scorer or what we have now is what he is. If he doesn't show us more I'll be honest....I'd be disappointed.
How many EN goals is he allowed to get to 40?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I expected Eric Staal and Radko Gudas (physical mean sob) for Coglan + minor pick.

Eric Staal has more chops than some of our bottom 6 (sadly) and Gudas is a playoff warrior who can feed opponents their teeth. They would've cost pennies.

We got even less...

View attachment 662405
Given how badly our PK has been in the playoffs, the downside of Gudas is he takes a lot of really dumb penalties. He's taken the 2nd most minor penalties in the NHL among defensemen.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
they sucked so much that this team has played the best hockey over a long stretch (from Thanksgiving) of any Carolina Hurricanes team ever.
Cmon

Thibk how much better they would have been if those targets hit. Right now they enjoy the locker room together but have no shot at a long post season.

Yeah I know…blah blah blah plenty of draft capital remaining for next year but….

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

If Pacioretty were still healthy I could get completely behind this. They want to roll the dice on Kotkaniemi at 2C and see what the team they built can do? OK.

This was an unusual circumstance for this team with Pacioretty going down. They made one move that is likely for the future in Puljujarvi, and one deadline move to try and help QB the PP.

But nothing to try and help with the loss of Pacioretty; that's what doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad