GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
No moves made ya I’m upset but they did grab ghost who’s gonna help and let’s see how pulju fits in. But they got this far with what they have let’s just pray they win the metro and at least avoid the rangers first round

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
Us : Let Donny Cook!
DW :
breakfast-cereal.gif

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'd have been pissed about our lack of moves regardless, but I feel like if Dundon just didn't open his mouth, a lot of fans would be far less upset than they are right now.

Yeah, he might choose a different term at a minimum next time. I felt it was a poor choice of word at the time given how many variables come into play with TDL. I know they were aggressive, but generally fans take that to mean results.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
They'll either look like geniuses or fools. In the end, not sure anyone will be able to take Boston, but who knows.
What would make them look like fools exactly? Only thing that would make them look bad for this is losing a close series to the eventual cup champions. If they get their doors blown off or lose to someone who gets pissed on by Boston then they made the right call not going all in for a short term fix.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Carolina gonna go out and raw dog the Playoffs, win a Cup and nobody will ever trade a top pick for a player ever again. Breaking boundaries.
Most recent cup winners have not made major moves at the deadline. Offseason? Hell yes. Deadline, no.

15/16 teams lose in the playoffs every year. Spending big at the deadline is a sucker's game.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What would make them look like fools exactly? Only thing that would make them look bad for this is losing a close series to the eventual cup champions. If they get their doors blown off or lose to someone who gets pissed on by Boston then they made the right call not going all in for a short term fix.

It was an exaggeration. I don't mind them not going all in, but if they go deep into the playoffs, fans will forget this deadline. If they get knocked out in the 1st round or get beaten badly in the 2nd, fans will be upset about this deadline.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
We went into this year with a problem of replacing Nino, Tro, and needing to add a Patches. I think Nino has been generally replaced overall, but our plan to have Kk as 2C missed and we don’t have Patches. I don’t know that this deadline had the answers but it’s hard to be overly optimistic we’re going to be better this playoff than last. We’ll see if one years growth, Burns and the deadline guys are enough.

In the end this team played well enough to roll with what we have, but I do question the team building if we miss this year. I hope they don’t cling so dearly to assets in the off season.

Can we just fast forward to the playoffs now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad