GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Four roses small batch is a pretty good bourbon. Definitely a good buy at it's price.
A4FBBDFA-CBAE-45F2-85BD-25108DC19FFA.jpeg

Got a bottle of the small batch in this photo somewhere.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Just saw an interesting tweet from CapFriendly on the rules of the road for TDL day, but not able to put it here.
It should be as easy as to just

1) copy the url of the tweet, and then
2) post the url in your post for HF.

The forum software will automatically embed it as a twitter post.

If you want to be fancy, cut the ? and everything after it from the url.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Todays my last full day in Jackson Hole skiing, I’ll be here in the morning tomorrow but 50/50 on whether or not I’ll ski. So there’s a decision to be made. Put the phone away and enjoy another spectacular day or be stopping in the middle of a black mogul run every five minutes, taking the gloves off just to dig out my phone and refresh twitter or HF.

Either way I’m in for the drinking.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
“Chychrun wasn't really a huge need, thus not worth the assets.”

Maybe but lots of top franchises in pro sports go with “best player available” versus “need“ sometimes. A high quality young cost controlled Dman is valued and they could have traded him or one of pesce/Skjei for offense in the off season or next year.

That is a trade I would have made.
Yes, I agree. It would've been important to get Chychrun so we could trade Skjei or Pesce (both having contracts that expire in 2024) during the summer in a package for a good top 6 forward.

In that scenario, it's a win-win. Improve our defense particularly long term with Chychrun only being 24 and having term on a contract friendly salary, while also getting that coveted top 6 forward from the defenseman we replace in the summer.

Finally, even more long term, Chychrun would basically be Burns' replacement when he retires, and then Nikishin breaks into the lineup at that point to take Chychrun's spot on the 2nd pairing with Pesce or Skjei. Then our defense is pretty much set until presumably Slavin or Pesce (or possibly Skjei if we keep him instead) retire.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
*channeling my inner Tripp Tracey viking speech*

A MESSAGE TO OL DONNY WADDDS.

DONNY YOU MAY NOT LACE EM' UP ANYMORE BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE DEPENDING ON YOU AND YOUR TRUSTy TURTLENECK TO BRING US SOME WS

YOURE BACKED INTO A CORNER WITH LITTLE CAP SPACE AND GMS ON EVERY SIDE TRYIN' A' RIP' YAS OFF.

BUT WE THE CANIACS BELIEVE IN YOU!!

giphy.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

Yup. One gotta understand the distinction between a player on the club's reserve list and a player not on the club's reserve list. You can sign and play the guys on the reserve list much more freely than guys who are/were not in the organization.

"Reserve List" means the list of all Players to whom a Club has rights including all Unsigned Draft Choices, all Players signed to an SPC (whether or not currently playing in the NHL), and all Players who have signed an SPC but who have subsequently been returned to Juniors. A Club may have on its Reserve List, at any one time, not more than 90 Players, which shall include the following: (a) Not more than 50 Players signed to an SPC and not less than 24 Players and 3 goalkeepers under an SPC. Age 18 and age 19 Players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit. Any Club violating this provision shall be liable to loss of draft choices as determined by the Commissioner. (b) Unsigned Draft Choices.

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Devil-Cane remaining games. We each have 4 back to backs although I'd suggest ours is the much tougher pairing. We each have 15 games against "playoff" teams which I define as safely entrenched or just outside the eight and fighting to get inside.

This is a year whereby a Division win is more important as we would avoid the Rangers in the first round (I'm thinking they will finish 3rd).

1677856450992.png

Reactions: Sigurd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad