GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
this year:

estaalo: 12 goals in 571 min ES and 12 min PP

jstaalo: 16 goals in 795 min ES, 8 min PP
Jarvis: 13 goals in 810 min ES, 125 min PP
KK: 11 goals in 724 min ES, 112 min PP
Martinook: 11 goals in 799 min ES, 6 min PP
Noesen: 10 goals in 510 min ES, 154 min PP
Stastny: 7 goals in 605 min ES, 104 min PP
Fast: 7 goals in 736 min ES, 20 min PP
TT: 7 goals in 603 min ES, 121 min PP (missed 10 with injury)
Stepan: 5 goals in 429 min ES, 3 min PP

:sarcasm:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Imagine Arizona actually does trade Crouse this deadline, but because we've already used 7 million dollars out of 10, Carolina can't trade for him because Arizona doesn't want our cap dump(s), and they aren't gonna retain on a contract with so much term as Crouse's.

At this point, I'm just setting a low bar based on the tough situation we're in. Crouse would be enough for me to be happy with this deadline though. He checks so many boxes; which is why we won't get him lol.
actually we could trade Fast and a pick or two or Fast a pick and Coghlan and make that work too.

Anyway we look at it, it appears to get anything that helps in return would require a Fast move.

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
The problem with trading with Calgary is we either give up Fast or we need to find a broker, because Calgray doesn't have the cap space next season to retain salary according to capfriendly, They would have $1,311,667 of cap space for 2023-24. So would Fast and a 2nd, or maybe a first get Toffoli or Backlund? And if we went for both we'd probably need two different teams to retain one each for each player.
If Calgary could do this with Fast and us getting Toffolli...this would be a not so bad deadline imo. I think we are going to unlock the true power of the Bison King so he can easily replace Fast at this point.

Reactions: Sigurd

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
actually we could trade Fast and a pick or two or Fast a pick and Coghlan and make that work too.

Anyway we look at it, it appears to get anything that helps in return would require a Fast move.
Well, there are a couple of potential problems, but one plus about Fast is that he's an UFA, and so no team we trade him to would be stuck with him.

However, I'm honestly unsure how much value Fast has in a trade, and whether Carolina is even willing to trade a roster player; particularly after Rod's comment (which could be subject to change/he's just saying that, etc. though). After us getting Poolparty though, Fast really is the odd man out for a cap dump IMO. Also, I imagine the 4th line players mentioned as cap dumps and Coghlan have less value than Fast.

Reactions: baconandbread

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Seeing all these teams make moves blows. It's like going to college and all your friends are out partying but you stay home so you can get a degree in accounting to continue your bland, boring life. Then your friends who partied either crashed and burned or somehow are still living the high life, making more than you even though they had a 2.3 GPA. And both are still happier than you.

Reactions: Francis10

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
Well, there are a couple of potential problems, but one plus about Fast is that he's an UFA, and so no team we trade him to would be stuck with him.

However, I'm honestly unsure how much value Fast has in a trade, and whether Carolina is even willing to trade a roster player; particularly after Rod's comment (which could be subject to change/he's just saying that, etc. though). After us getting Poolparty though, Fast really is the odd man out for a cap dump IMO. Also, I imagine the 4th line players mentioned as cap dumps and Coghlan have less value than Fast.
True, but this getting Toffolli for Fast+ is at least plausible if Justin Williams can convince Rod this is the way

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

He doesn’t have value, especially if a team is selling.

But taking him back is cheaper than retention and probably wouldn’t require additional picks or prospects.

I think Coghlan would be worth more due to age, but still not much if anything.

That said, I think Rod can part with Coghlan; not sure about Fast even with Puljujarvi.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Lebrun just said on overdrive they talked to Detroit last night about Bertuzzi and talked to Chicago about Domi but clearly didn’t wanna pay the price on both. Said they don’t have anything close as of now but they’ll probably look for bargains tomorrow is basically what he said

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Not trade related but this caught my eye tonight:

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
If they aren’t making anymore deals they should of been using the cap space to retain a contract since they love to hoard draft picks

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Lebrun just said on overdrive they talked to Detroit last night about Bertuzzi and talked to Chicago about Domi but clearly didn’t wanna pay the price on both. Said they don’t have anything close as of now but they’ll probably look for bargains tomorrow is basically what he said

“They don’t have an appetite to trade their first round pick.”

A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
So if we’re basically done does that mean Dundon is full of shit? Ran his mouth a whole lot about being aggressive and making a push, riled up a fan base you could say, for JP and Ghost?

Reactions: Stickpucker

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
“They don’t have an appetite to trade their first round pick.”

A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E
Haha weird cause Waddell said they would like last week I guess they don’t view anyone left as worth it and didn’t view bertuzzi as worth it either strange. Oh well win a round if they’re lucky and try again next year.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wait til you get a load of one of the guys they got for him…Anttoni Honka…in the AHL…
That's silly. we made the best of a bad situation. We were going to lose him for nothing so we got a couple of picks. We could have held firm and lost him for nothing, but that wouldn't have accomplished anything.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
More non TDL talk.

ESPN+ has 5 games going. All at the end of the 1st. You would think they could stagger start times on a couple by 15 minutes. But no, it's quite the marketing pair - NHL & dSPN.

Reactions: Stickpucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad