GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby Dont You Put That Evil On Me GIF  - Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby Dont You Put That Evil On Me  Angry -

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Martinook is on pace for 15-24-39.

Though I agree in principle for sure, they’ve had that 40 pt guy to this point. Playoffs are a whole different thing though and he’s already shown he’s slowing down offensively, though that might have more to do with Fast not being able to buy a goal recently.

1sts in ‘27 probably

Martinook had a great start to this season that I would call a statistical fluke based on his history in the NHL.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
At 50% rental? Maybe JVR , would require getting rid of Coghlan and a 3rd party retaining

At 50% not rental? Vrana or Henrique, also would require getting rid of Coghlan most likely, but no 3rd party
All I can see really. Those options or if Calgary loses tonight and decides an offer is too good to pass up on one their forwards

Reactions: Stickpucker

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
All I can see really. Those options or if Calgary loses tonight and decides an offer is too good to pass up on one their forwards
Don’t see how they could get crouse or Schmaltz either. They may end up with JVR for bare minimum

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Carolina can’t fit Miller anymore unless Vancouver retains, which we now know remains for 7 more years.

Trading Kotkaniemi only makes the C depth worse.

Unless it’s Puljujarvi+a pick for Boeser, I don’t see a move here.
Only thing I see is Calgary getting their doors blown off tonight and deciding they need to at least move a piece or two. Other then that I don’t see much happening

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
I know Rod said nobody is getting moved out, but I wonder if anyone would be able to take on Fast since we already have his replacement on the roster

Reactions: Sigurd

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Carolina can’t fit Miller anymore unless Vancouver retains, which we now know remains for 7 more years.

Trading Kotkaniemi only makes the C depth worse.

Unless it’s Puljujarvi+a pick for Boeser, I don’t see a move here.

Doesn’t Miller only make $5.25M this year? They technically could acquire him at 50% of this years $5.25M aav. Not saying that they should, but technically, they could.

$56M = chump change, amirite?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Doesn’t Miller only make $5.25M this year? They technically could acquire him at 50% of this years $5.25M aav. Not saying that they should, but technically, they could.

There was a clarification a few days ago that if Vancouver retains, they retain on BOTH contracts.

Reactions: cptjeff

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
There was a clarification a few days ago that if Vancouver retains, they retain on BOTH contracts.

That doesn’t seem right to me , when you consider one deal is separate from another, but whatever, others know more about the cap than I do for sure.

I’m not necessarily doubting you, just sounds off logically to me.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022

I have always heard this. But as noted above, Capfriendly clarified that any retention in a trade applies to all contracts.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That doesn’t seem right to me , when you consider one deal is separate from another, but whatever, others know more about the cap than I do for sure.

I agree; I was shocked when I read it but I trust CapFriendly:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

That's his cap hit. His actual salary is lower, 4.5M.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

The wording in CBA could support both takes:

For the remaining term of Traded Player's SPC, the Club from which the Player is Traded may agree to retain no more than fifty (50) percent of the Averaged Amount of such SPC's remaining term ("Retained Salary Transaction" and the particular SPC, a "Retained Salary SPC"). In each Retained Salary Transaction, the percentage allocation of the retained Averaged Amount cannot be altered from year to year.
If a player is signed onto a SPC and already onto another one after that, that can be argued to be his "remaining term" under contract. As the extension can only be signed dufing the final year, such player is already pretty much server the current SPC.

Seeing that you can't game a regular retention but it is always the same percent for every year and every bit of the salary, it only makes sense that you can't game in an SPC+SPC situation either by choosing the retention to only concern the SPC I or SPC II. If it was allowed, it would be abused by teams.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
this year:

estaalo: 12 goals in 571 min ES and 12 min PP

jstaalo: 16 goals in 795 min ES, 8 min PP
Jarvis: 13 goals in 810 min ES, 125 min PP
KK: 11 goals in 724 min ES, 112 min PP
Martinook: 11 goals in 799 min ES, 6 min PP
Noesen: 10 goals in 510 min ES, 154 min PP
Stastny: 7 goals in 605 min ES, 104 min PP
Fast: 7 goals in 736 min ES, 20 min PP
TT: 7 goals in 603 min ES, 121 min PP (missed 10 with injury)
Stepan: 5 goals in 429 min ES, 3 min PP

:sarcasm:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
The problem with trading with Calgary is we either give up Fast or we need to find a broker, because Calgray doesn't have the cap space next season to retain salary according to capfriendly, They would have $1,311,667 of cap space for 2023-24. So would Fast and a 2nd, or maybe a first get Toffoli or Backlund? And if we went for both we'd probably need two different teams to retain one each for each player.

Reactions: baconandbread

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Don’t see how they could get crouse or Schmaltz either. They may end up with JVR for bare minimum
Imagine Arizona actually does trade Crouse this deadline, but because we've already used 7 million dollars out of 10, Carolina can't trade for him because Arizona doesn't want our cap dump(s), and they aren't gonna retain on a contract with so much term as Crouse's.

At this point, I'm just setting a low bar based on the tough situation we're in. Crouse would be enough for me to be happy with this deadline though. He checks so many boxes; which is why we won't get him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad