GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
How come we haven't gotten any "excited for a fresh start in Carolina" stories about Ghost? In fact, doesn't seem like we've heard anything since they announced the trade, but I'm not as in tune to the twitter as I used to be.
Because playing for a team for a couple months isn't a fresh start.

The team that signs you this summer is.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
He’s ghosting us.

of-course-anchorman.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For careers
Bread 569 games 206 goals
Tank 654 265
Aho 497 207

We are talking about scoring goals right?
1) You said "scoring stats" which includes goals and assists.

2) And the discussion before wasn't just talking about goals it was overall offense. Some players, like Bread, are phenomenal playmakers that are dangerous because of what they do and how they set up offense. Defensemen like Fox are phenomenal because of how they control the play and set up offense. Aho has more goals than Marner, for instance, but Marner is the superior offensive player. etc...etc..

Aho would be in the mix with the Ranger's guys, but the point is he's the only one.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying the Canes, as a team, aren't as good, I'm only talking about how much elite talent each team has. Canes have a phenomenal defense and a lot of depth at F.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I go sauna.
The water heater's off, I get cold shower.
I come out to find out my shower is nothing compared to what Kings got, as CBJ flipped Quick to Vegas.

50% retained.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Gost is about to turn 30, is coming off a 51 point season, has 31P in 52 games this year and was playing 22 min / night. Coming to Carolina is a chance to play in the playoffs and potentially get a cup, but it's not a "fresh start".

Puljujarvi is a young guy who has struggled, has had ups and downs in Edmonton and hasn't lived up to his draft hype. He's coming to play with players he's familiar with and hopefully get his career back on track. It's definitely a fresh start situation for him.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Gost is about to turn 30, is coming off a 51 point season, has 31P in 52 games this year and was playing 22 min / night. Coming to Carolina is a chance to play in the playoffs and potentially get a cup, but it's not a "fresh start".

Puljujarvi is a young guy who has struggled, has had ups and downs in Edmonton and hasn't lived up to his draft hype. He's coming to play with players he's familiar with and hopefully get his career back on track. It's definitely a fresh start situation for him.

I get your point, although 2 seasons in Arizona might have anyone looking for a fresh start.

Reactions: geehaad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad