GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Chryrun view for ottawa (I still don’t understand why Canes didn’t make a move here):

Yup, we tried to aggressive but but but

Canes didn’t have a lottery pick they could trade. Ottawa did. Arizona is more focused on getting draft picks.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I'd go any player that's on LTIR at the start of the playoffs is ineligible to participate until the Conference Finals at the earliest.

Also since other teams are pulling this bullshit, time to LTIR Kotkaniemi until the first round of the playoffs because... f*** it, let's go with acute dyspepsia.
If you’re in LTIR, you can’t be activated in the playoffs, if you’re not out of LTIR by game 82. It would stop this nonsens.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Don't bite that lure.

Friedman:

Top 10 Topwater GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

lol no shit. Teased with Lindholm, we'll end up with Domi

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
If you’re in LTIR, you can’t be activated in the playoffs, if you’re not out of LTIR by game 82. It would stop this nonsens.
It would be simple if they'd just have a playoff salary cap. I get the need to have a small bump from regular season due to extras, but it would eliminate cap shenanigans

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

I tend to agree with this assessment a little more.

Yeah it’s pretty impossible to set yourself to be elite for several years in advance after already being elite (regular season) team for 3 straight years. Even teams with multiple superstars have off years.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Lets’s wait until the audio drops. Friedman is very careful with his wording. The recaps are hit and miss at capturing that.
I've heard it. He essentially says he "thinks" Carolina has spoken to Calgary and "knows" they want to add a C.

Go to about the 24' minute mark

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Yeah it's way late in the game and I seriously doubt either are coming here. Especially lindholm.

I mean I guess Gost is better than 7m in cap space wasted after the PP trade, but man what a disappointment. Stall's price will go down. Hopefelly PP signs for 3-4 years in the 2.5 range? Probably wont get that term though. If hes wise, he will realize his best chance for success is here with Aho.

AZ is nothing but a money laundering operation paid for by other GMs

Reactions: ndp

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Surely we can send Coghlan down, and throw in either Stastny or Noesen with a package of picks and prospects to bring in Lindholm without any retention, right?

Not only would bringing in a guy like that really pump up the locker room, but the added sentimentality of a Lindholm reunion would be huge for the fan base as well.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Surely we can send Coghlan down, and throw in either Stastny or Noesen with a package of picks and prospects to bring in Lindholm without any retention, right?

Not only would bringing in a guy like that really pump up the locker room, but the added sentimentality of a Lindholm reunion would be huge for the fan base as well.

Why would Calgary do that? I mean, if they just want to help us out, great, but a picks/prospects and one of our expendables doesn’t help them at all.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Why would Calgary do that? I mean, if they just want to help us out, great, but a picks/prospects and one of our expendables doesn’t help them at all.
I mean if they’re selling Lindholm at all in the first place they’re straight up selling aren’t they? I’m not under the impression they’re moving a piece to retool right now

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Sounds like GMDW should have asked for right of last refusal and first night.
The duke often mused on his good luck in marrying her. If it wasn’t for the engine of her ambition he’d be just another local lord, with nothing much to do but hunt, drink and exercise his droit de seigneur*.

*Whatever that was. He’d never found anyone prepared to explain it to him. But it was definitely something a feudal lord ought to have and, he was pretty sure, it needed regular exercise. He imagined it was some kind of large hairy dog. He was definitely going to get one, and damn well exercise it.

Terry Pratchett: Wyrd Sisters

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
TD Early December:
Kids...we're going BIGGGGGG! this Christmas.

Christmas morning:
poor-christmas.jpg
I mean, he did get a puppy.
I'd go any player that's on LTIR at the start of the playoffs is ineligible to participate until the Conference Finals at the earliest.

Also since other teams are pulling this bullshit, time to LTIR Kotkaniemi until the first round of the playoffs because... f*** it, let's go with acute dyspepsia.
To me, there's a simple answer....you cannot ice a 20 man squad for the playoffs that exceeds the salary cap. That allows for overages, but doesn't let teams put 6 forwards making $8 million each on the ice on the same night. At one time 2 years ago, Tampa actually iced a team that was making nearly $90 million.
This would never fly with the players. It would have to be negotiated in the next CBA....and what do you do with the guys that are legitimately injured by come back during the playoffs (Erik Cole, for example).

EDIT: The other thing that I would do is freeze the ability to put somebody on LTIR or make any LTIR trades at least a week before the TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad