GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean if they’re selling Lindholm at all in the first place they’re straight up selling aren’t they? I’m not under the impression they’re moving a piece to retool right now

They just traded for and signed Huberdeau to a massive contract. If they’re going rebuild after making that deal, they’re in trouble.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Surely we can send Coghlan down, and throw in either Stastny or Noesen with a package of picks and prospects to bring in Lindholm without any retention, right?

Not only would bringing in a guy like that really pump up the locker room, but the added sentimentality of a Lindholm reunion would be huge for the fan base as well.
Yes, sending Coghlan down and getting rid of Stastny would get you there with no retention with a few dollars to spare. Stastny has an NTC but you could waive him without sending him down to avoid the buried cap hit provision.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They just traded for and signed Huberdeau to a massive contract. If they’re going rebuild after making that deal, they’re in trouble.
This is why ive never taken a Lindholm trade as a serious thought. Calgary doesn’t seem to be in a position to trade him. I guess I could see Backlund, who would be a very us move.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Its bad enough that Arizona is playing in a 5k seat arena for the next few years, but now they're not even bothering to ice a competitive team.

At a certain point, the NHL has to get involved. This legitimately isn't good for the game.
And yet somehow they’re not the worst team in the league. Really speaks to how bad those other teams are.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I'm curious what people think we would trade to get 1+ seasons of Lindy.

I'm going to base this on the idea that TD is angry to miss out on Meier and Boeser and still wants to be aggressive.

1st + Morrow + Drury + Fast <> Lindholm.

PP takes Fast spot
Calgary flips Fast for two 3rds or something?

Fool me 10 times shame on me.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Its bad enough that Arizona is playing in a 5k seat arena for the next few years, but now they're not even bothering to ice a competitive team.

At a certain point, the NHL has to get involved. This legitimately isn't good for the game.
Need a buyout system for LTIRs that doesn’t hit your cap, have a 2nd cap for LTIR / Buyout per team.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I mean, he did get a puppy.

To me, there's a simple answer....you cannot ice a 20 man squad for the playoffs that exceeds the salary cap. That allows for overages, but doesn't let teams put 6 forwards making $8 million each on the ice on the same night. At one time 2 years ago, Tampa actually iced a team that was making nearly $90 million.

This would never fly with the players. It would have to be negotiated in the next CBA....and what do you do with the guys that are legitimately injured by come back during the playoffs (Erik Cole, for example).

EDIT: The other thing that I would do is freeze the ability to put somebody on LTIR or make any LTIR trades at least a week before the TDL.
Maybe something around you have to have dressed for a certain # or % of games for the team prior to the deadline or you have to be on the active roster for a new team by game 82.

Reactions: geehaad

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Seems like the last 2 days, I thought the transactions would slow down, but they just seem to keep coming. Has to be the most active TDL in a long time, and there's still another day.

This got me wondering how it will impact the number of moves this summer.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Seems like the last 2 days, I thought the transactions would slow down, but they just seem to keep coming. Has to be the most active TDL in a long time, and there's still another day.

we-strike-at-2349747c5e.jpeg

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Canes didn’t have a lottery pick they could trade. Ottawa did. Arizona is more focused on getting draft picks.
maybe....Ottawa has a decent shot of making the playoffs.
Plus, even if they don't their % chance will be pretty low since I would think they would finish just out of the playoffs versus falling back.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Cocaine Bear trade:

Canes get Miller and Lindholm at 50% (Vancouver retains)

Vancouver gets KK, Coghlan

Calgary gets Canes 1st, Drury, Noesen, and 24 2nd

Vancouver asset to move Miller is retaining on Lindholm. Calgary saves on cap for next year and get roster ready assets. Vancouver gets there young center.

(Not a real trade)

Reactions: Unsustainable

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Last 2 seasons and this one combined:
Panarin: 222 points in 178 games
Kane: 203 points in 188 games
Zib: 196 points in 198 games
Aho: 190 points in 187 games
Fox: 177 points (as a defenseman) in 194 games
Tank: 125 points in 137 games

Aho is on par with Zib for sure. Fox being a defenseman isn't a comparable, but has more offensive chops than any Canes D by a good margin.

Tank's been injure a lot so hard to assess over this same stretch.
For careers
Bread 569 games 206 goals
Tank 654 265
Aho 497 207

We are talking about scoring goals right?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
How come we haven't gotten any "excited for a fresh start in Carolina" stories about Ghost? In fact, doesn't seem like we've heard anything since they announced the trade, but I'm not as in tune to the twitter as I used to be.

Reactions: Wolfpuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad