GDT: Trade Deadline - Trade Eatin' SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Todays sort of irony

The Hawks traded former Oiler pick Erik Gustafsson o the falmes for the conditional draft pick the the flames got in the Lucic trade

No, not necessarily.

They'll get the Flames' 3rd unless the Flames end up getting the Oilers' 3rd and it's the earlier of the two.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
“We”

lol, he barricaded himself in a room and made decisions without any input from other people.
"Where were you?", when chia got fired.

Pretty sure I was in the can, being it was intermission. :huh:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Decent day all in all. I'm kinda torn on the AA trade, it was nice for Holland to acquire a top 6 winger but at the same time between the cost and I have my doubts he meshes well with McDavid... Plus it kinda depends how easy him and his agent will be to deal with over the summer.

Like the Ennis trade, wish we could have picked up a guy that pk's instead though because at this point I still think Khaira has a spot on this roster for that reason alone

Reactions: Mav3rick07

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He called Petrovic a defenseman “who can move.”

Manning was "a victim of circumstance with a coaching change" lol. Soon after he can't even make the AHL lineup.

"he can make some offensive plays. From the offensive perspective, you're going to see more"

tenor.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Manning was "a victim of circumstance with a coaching change" lol. Soon after he can't even make the AHL lineup.

"he can make some offensive plays. From the offensive perspective, you're going to see more"

tenor.gif

It’s pretty clear other GMs took great pleasure in holding him hostage on any trade negotiation. He basically had to pay twice as much to get players twice as worse as Holland did today.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If anything it’s nice for the fan base and the locker room to know that their GM is behind them. A lot of hard work has went into the season and we’re in a good spot. Kenny recognized that and tried to help out the roster today and showed he is willing to make meaningful moves when needed.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Holland must have some legit clout in the league to get such good bargains. I swear that's the most important thing as a GM.

That's why it's worthwhile to cultivate relationships with people (not just GMs) around the league. Because eventually those people might get promoted to be a GM too. I'm sure Holland has done a fellow GM a favour or two as well, and this gets reciprocated down the line. He understands that things go in cycles. You might be a seller today but you could be a buyer tomorrow, and the GM who you did a favour for as a seller might be the guy you're buying from 5 years later.

Chia understood none of this and operated like a ruthless dictator with a terrible reputation around the league. You reap what you sow.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Decent day all in all. I'm kinda torn on the AA trade, it was nice for Holland to acquire a top 6 winger but at the same time between the cost and I have my doubts he meshes well with McDavid... Plus it kinda depends how easy him and his agent will be to deal with over the summer.

Like the Ennis trade, wish we could have picked up a guy that pk's instead though because at this point I still think Khaira has a spot on this roster for that reason alone

The cost was actually quite good. I almost feel like we robbed Yzerman. We gave two 2nds for an RFA that has potential to be a 20+ goal scorer for us for years. He probablt won't be difficult to sign for at least 1 season because of his down year.

Reactions: Wyrm

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016

Other side to that is you can look at it as a 20 game + postseason test drive of a guy who even if he doesn't "mesh" with mcDavid is probably a better option than what was filling in on that wing up to this point. Connor just continues to drag a body up and down the ice. And if that is the case welp then claim your not gonna reup the guy because of money allocation or whatever and trade his rights for a 2nd or at least as a piece in a bigger move. If it works then he's one check mark on the list for next year. at worst they recoup something for his rights.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad