GDT: Trade Deadline - Trade Eatin' SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't have to fear for the returns on the trades this time, unlike last year with Chia. Good trades, hopefully they work out
trade.png

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Toronto has literally played with a light roster because they can't afford to carry a full one. So they do this?

I guess they can get away with it having their AHL team in the same city, but I can’t imagine it would sit well with the players. They’re basically saying they value this fifth rounder so much that they’re gonna make guys earn their AHL salary instead of the NHL one. Guess that’s what happens when you’ve got a number whiz GM who tries to break everything down into values.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
The Chia TDL:

1st + JP for AA

2nd for Ennis

Nygard for Simmonds

Chia probably happy today saying to himself " You see. It only took a couple of more moves to create a playoff team," " They just didn't have the patience" " I was doing the right things all along" " I could of gotten AA for cheaper".....lol

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Stamkos - Point - Kucherov
Coleman - Cirelli - Killorn
Palat - Goodrow - Johnson
Maroon - Paquette - Gourde

Overpayments or not, that is the best forward group I can think of since I was born. They are so insanely Jerry Stackhoused...all in. Luckily they aren't in the west.

edit: You can make an argument that all 12 of those players would fit well into our top 6. Palat, Johnson, Maroon, Paquette, Gourde, and Goodrow could all play on our 1st or 2nd line and be better than the option we have. Maybe not anymore since our additions, but it's close...

That is blowing my mind.

Reactions: McCombo

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

Overpayments or not, that is the best forward group I can think of since I was born. They are so insanely Jerry Stackhoused...all in. Luckily they aren't in the west.

edit: You can make an argument that all 12 of those players would fit well into our top 6. Palat, Johnson, Maroon, Paquette, Gourde, and Goodrow could all play on our 1st or 2nd line and be better than the option we have. Maybe not anymore since our additions, but it's close...

That is blowing my mind.

And then they lose in 4 in the first round

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

That is blowing my mind.

It’ll be fun when Point and Stamkos both no show in the playoffs again. Plus, Cernak on their top pairing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: oilynutz

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Really coming to like the green acquisition the more I think about it.

not that I hated it yesterday, I was just confused about why we needed him, but having a guy with that kind of playoff experience playing the role of an offensive dman showing the ropes to guys like bear jones and Bouchard is going to be great. I remember thinking one of the biggest things we were missing in the HOPE days were veterans who had actually been good enough at one time to be able to guide our upcoming skilled players.

cant wait to watch the rest of this season.

Adam Oates was huge for the development of Horcoff, Stoll and even the other young forwards here in his swan song.

Reactions: BlueCheeseWithWings

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It’ll be fun when Point and Stamkos both no show in the playoffs again. Plus, Cernak on their top pairing is a disaster waiting to happen.
Yeah, I'm surprised the Lightning did almost nothing to address their blueline. Their top guys are great, but their depth his atrocious. Bogosian makes it better, but Luke Schenn is playing regular minutes for that, that is not good.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Have there been any interviews with any of our new acquisitions yet? I don't see anything on SN, TSN or the Oilers site yet.

Edit: I see Green's is up. I'll check that one out later.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

That is blowing my mind.
The no tax line up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad