GDT: Trade Deadline - Trade Eatin' SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Holland has completely turned the speed issues of the team on its head completely in under a year. Have to give him props, the speed we can throw out there now is insane.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hm. Nick Cousins went for a 4th as well to our divisional rival. That's a deal I would've made. Nick Cousins would be a good bottom 6 player for us. Much better than the junk we have down there now. I guess there's so many moving parts at this time of year it may be difficult to take count of all the stock.

It definitely stings a bit though that Vegas added some good pieces as well. Looks like it's going to be us, them, and Van battling for 1st.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
If they really wanted to, they now have winger depth to go to the 3C deployment

Athansiou McDavid Neal
Yamamoto Draisaitl Kassian
Ennis RNH Chiasson
Archibald Sheahan Haas

For example. Not saying that should be the regular rotation but it's now an option Tippett has.
What about when Nygard comes back? The management team really likes him.
When healthy I see chaison as the 13th forward

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
posted this last night after reading cap panic and same old omg sky is falling after Green trade . Gm's always find a way and common sense needs to applied
WuJrm0T.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Khaira can at least PK. If Gagner isn't scoring he is pretty bad.

Have no issue with him being the extra forward. He's had some times where he shows not too bad and can at least PK.

As much as I like Gagner as a person, he's just not doing enough for us this year.

Reactions: Cloned

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Hm. Nick Cousins went for a 4th as well to our divisional rival. That's a deal I would've made. Nick Cousins would be a good bottom 6 player for us. Much better than the junk we have down there now. I guess there's so many moving parts at this time of year it may be difficult to take count of all the stock.

It definitely stings a bit though that Vegas added some good pieces as well. Looks like it's going to be us, them, and Van battling for 1st.

With Markstrom gone, I think Vancouer will fall out.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Missing a #3C? I guess Sheahan would have to do.
I'm fine with Sheahan and Haas. Both guys are responsible and can bring things to this team like PKing and drawing penalties while being capable of chipping in. When you have McDavid-Draisaitl as 1 and 2 you don't need an elite 3C, a really good checking C like Sheahan is just fine. I also think a 4th line of Ennis-Haas-Chiasson/Neal/Kassian in the playoffs could be a really effective 4th line that could do very well against depth players. This team has an awesome top end up front if AA fits in and great depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad