GDT: Trade Deadline - Trade Eatin' SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They're not going to break up the DRY line for a long time unless it struggles for long stretches of games.

Just saying if we're in a playoff round where having the center depth is a tactical advantage, we can actually deploy that now. Yesterday we couldn't.

This is the flexibility a coach wants.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Cloned

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
These are the lines I'd go with as well.

However, James Neal on the fourth line is a pretty ugly sight. I'm not actually sure I prefer him over a Khaira or Nygard in that role.
He would get PP time. But he’s a better option than lucic. Let’s not forget that

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
These are the lines I'd go with as well.

However, James Neal on the fourth line is a pretty ugly sight. I'm not actually sure I prefer him over a Khaira or Nygard in that role.

Would've been nice to dump Manning or Neal somewhere today but there's always the summer for that.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
He traded 3 first round picks in the last week
I know it's wild and for Coleman and Goodrow. I like both guys but I wouldn't trade a 1st for either. Coleman for a 1st maybe because of the caphit as he's certainly worth a 2nd, but Foote too? Crazy.

Makes the AA deal seem really good. I'd be more confident in Coleman as an overall player but AA has probably more upside and a strong likelihood to be just as good offensively. I'd rather lose two 2nds than a 1st. Really happy with what Holland paid considering the prices.

Reactions: Oilhawks

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I really hope they give Ennis and AA a shot with Mcdavid. Some of the tweets by the media (can't remember who specifically) referred to Ennis as a depth guy and AA as a top 6 guy, despite Ennis having better numbers in less icetime. Would hate to see one given a longer leash than the other. Both should get equal shots imo.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
HFboards using those hot Geocities/Angelfire servers from the mid 90s.

Super frustrating to struggle through these dated servers. I decided to start a petition to get the system updated. It's 2020 for heck sakes! Get with the program HF! Please fax me your letter of support, and I will compile them all and send it by registered mail shortly.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Holland essentially acquired 3 top 6 forwards in the last year and gave up Milan Lucic, two 2nd round picks, Sam Gagner and a 5th round pick. Think about that for a second.

Then think about how Chia whined about prices being too high and how much he would have given up for the same haul.

interesting that all the teams were "small market" teams.

my conspiracy (and virginity) are intact.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Also, no one should feel bad for Gagner.

He's making 3M+ this year to not do much of anything at all on the ice and he played himself off this playoff roster.

Reactions: joestevens29

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
First time I’ve been able to post today so I guess I’ll just post this as a summary of today’s moves:

B08B25D1-DFFC-4DE0-A92C-DECCD6E4555D.jpeg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Minor League deal for the Oilers on the way, if I had to guess I bet it's Day and Currie for someone in a different organization.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Whats your new line up guys ?

Right now I'd go

Athanasiou - McDavid - Chiasson
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto
Ennis - Sheahan - Archie
Khaira - Haas
(Green 7th D)

Once Kass comes back

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
Athanasiou - RNH - Yamamoto
Ennis - Sheahan - Archie
Neal - Haas - Chiasson

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Also, no one should feel bad for Gagner.

He's making 3M+ this year to not do much of anything at all on the ice and he played himself off this playoff roster.

I don't think he played himself off the roster. He just wasn't worth the cap hit. I think the Oilers would have gladly shipped out Khaira instead. This was a cap move.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't think he played himself off the roster. He just wasn't worth the cap hit. I think the Oilers would have gladly shipped out Khaira instead. This was a cap move.

Khaira can at least PK. If Gagner isn't scoring he is pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad