Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Well they have not put up Lekk nor Willander.

To have any chance, Hoglander is the only one that makes sense.
that's a dumb bet to make then. risk reward is asymmetrical and not in the way you want it. Not to mention that it completely f***s up our cap situation for next year if you extend him. If our odds of winning a cup are like 1 in 10 without him.....what are they with him? 1 in 9? Hell, maybe they're better with Hoglander if he goes on a heater, or Guentzel is more worried about his next deal and less about playing fearless hockey.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Here's a few names that may be available and haven't talked much about here.

Jake Middleton - LD - 2y/2.45m
Mario Ferraro - LD - 3y/3.25m
Jonathan Kovacevic - RD - 2y/0.77m
Alexander Barabanov - W - 1y/2.5m (10-NTC)
Yakov Trenin - LW/C - 1y/1.7m
Cole Smith - W - 1y/0.775m
Alexandre Carrier - RD - 1y/2.5m
Colin Miller - RD - 1y/1.85m
Cal Clutterbuck - RW - 1y/1.75m
Mathieu Joseph - W - 3y/2.95m
To add to this list:

Micheal Pezzetta LW
Luke Kunin W/C
Cal Cluttercuck RW
Nick Bjugstad C
Nic Dowd C
Nathan Bastian RW/LW
Scott Laughton C/W
Sammy Blais LW

Nick Jensen RHD
Trevor Van Riemsdyk RHD
Micheal Kesselring RHD
Matt Grezylck LHD
Ty Emberson RHD

Reactions: vanuck and Vector

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I don't care. I just want Colorado and Vegas to meet. that would be one heck of a series.

Last time they met in the playoffs, Vegas pushed them around.

Reactions: mriswith

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Yeah, a bottom 6 forward with limited offensive ability.

I highly doubt Carrier is available for a 3rd round pick so my point remains. All the recent rumors have linked the Canucks to forwards, I doubt they're looking to move their 2025 2nd or any good prospects for a D right now.
Also to add to this, I wouldn't be surprised if they think they're likely to get Tanev in free agency so they don't want to give up prime assets for someone they don't want to re-sign.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
We aren’t going to be trading for a D, unless it’s a very depth guy. They have 7 D they like and are comfortable playing.
Kovacevic would be nice but other than that I agree. Nobody out there that is much of an improvement over what we have right now.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
tanev was such a miss, known chemistry with Hughes, good locker room guy. Watched him this year, still looks solid.

2nd + hunter b would have gotten it done

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Friedman is a very good #8 with some playoff experience.

Depends very much on the situations with Myers and Soucy, but I'd like one more guy with NHL capabilities.

I'm also not entirely convinced Cole won't buckle at some point due to age.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
You should be comfortable at least 8 deep if you want to actually go deep in the playoffs. We're already down two top-four guys.

I think they'll get a Dman, but Forward is definitely the priority.

Could be a depth move, or could be a money-in, money-out situation with Mikheyev.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Friedman is a very good #8 with some playoff experience.

If we said yesterday and today we acquired Freidman, Zadorov, Lafferty and Lindholm I think people would be pretty ecstatic right now.

This needs to be taken into account that we’ve acquired these guys in the beginning/mid of the season on decent deals.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I dont see how toffoli isn't on this team and mik still is in the next ~24 hours, need to pay whatever to it happen.

So the other thing with missing out on Tanev and now Walker with the 1st + Mikheyev rumour template (for Tanev), it's still there for Toffoli IF NJ values Mikheyev at all.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If we said yesterday and today we acquired Freidman, Zadorov, Lafferty and Lindholm I think people would be pretty ecstatic right now.

This needs to be taken into account that we’ve acquired these guys in the beginning/mid of the season on decent deals.

I think we are hooked on trades.

Hell, I would even take a Sheldon Dries for Wilmer Skoog trade right now. Chase Wouters for Graham Slaggert even sounds okay.

Just
Make
A
Damn
TRADE!

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

We cleared Pearson, Beauvillier, and acquired DeSmith too. The track record and turnover this year has already been insane.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So the other thing with missing out on Tanev and now Walker with the 1st + Mikheyev rumour template (for Tanev), it's still there for Toffoli IF NJ values Mikheyev at all.
Why would another team value a guy we want to dump? Sadly, Mikheyev has negative value at the salary we are paying.

So many time the Canucks have overpaid for FA's. This is the 1st year in a long time where our FA signings have all looked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad