Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I wish they would put Guentzel on the back burner at this point and shift focus towards adding whatever depth pieces they deem necessary. Circle back to Guentzel tomorrow if he's still available, enough of this waiting game BS.

Reactions: Rick Rocket

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Theres still time. Dubas gonna give in.
Or its buch/toffoli + greenway or similar type of player

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I wouldn't say excellent. He has clearly been a pro-scouting error, but one that is understandable given the larger context of why he was brought in (insurance).

I'm fine with him at 3C if all else fails. At 2RW, I think that's why Kessel is still here. All told though, with as much noise around him right now, I think he gets dealt.
i disagree. Nothing is clear it's been how long?

Horvat had a respectable 5-3 8pts in 10 games with NYI last year when brought in then went 1-2 3pts in his next 15 games. He had the luxury of Barzal and PP1 bumper force fed.

Lindholm joins on a marathon travel schedule and has bounced over 3 lines and a few different spots on the PP.

Claiming we made a mistake is being over the top. Were still in the process of getting value back

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Now they want to get sentimental?

Unless you absolutely think he can turn it around, they need to move him.

Otherwise you might as well just write off the teams chances in the postseason.

The plot thickens...

If you widen the lens, it is pretty wild to put him on the trade block 13 games after acquisition. It's a tough call. I think Rutherford will be fighting his instinct here.

With so much noise around Lindholm, I'm not sure how he will block it all out. His name is out there.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
guentzel is only interesting if the price is low

hog + lekk is insanity. dubas won't get anything remotely close to that

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I just don't understand a lot of the comments on here. Geuntzel could be another Lindholm for us. Every one is looking at the trades that have been made, and act like those teams have added Crosby to their team. I haven't seen one player moved that I think definitively changes the nature of a team.

As I have repeatedly said, don't trade our top 5 assets unless it for a clear win.

I wouldn't trade Hoglander straight up for Guentzel. Another year at a great contract vs a rental that we can't afford to re-sign? And we gain what?

I think we lost in the Lindholm trade, and if we deal him now we will lose even more.

there might be trades yet to be made that will help us, but FFS we are fighting for 1st OA, we are having a great year. I trust this management team to make smart decisions, not to pander to the trade hungry fan.

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
If they're going to move Lindholm, use the assets for Toffoli and Kovacevic and/or Carrier imo.

Guentzel would be nice but not foe the young assets they want

Hoglander is exactly the player type you want in your depth during the post season.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Here's a few names that may be available and haven't talked much about here.

Jake Middleton - LD - 2y/2.45m
Mario Ferraro - LD - 3y/3.25m
Jonathan Kovacevic - RD - 2y/0.77m
Alexander Barabanov - W - 1y/2.5m (10-NTC)
Yakov Trenin - LW/C - 1y/1.7m
Cole Smith - W - 1y/0.775m
Alexandre Carrier - RD - 1y/2.5m
Colin Miller - RD - 1y/1.85m
Cal Clutterbuck - RW - 1y/1.75m
Mathieu Joseph - W - 3y/2.95m
I don't think Carrier is a realistic target for the Canucks based on this

Nashville is 8-1-1 in their last 10 games and in a wildcard spot, I doubt they move him for cheap and it sounds like the Canucks are focused on using their remaining trade assets for a forward.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Duhaime and Trenin acquired by Colorado. Got much heavier

Feels to me they know Landeskog is good to go for the playoffs and they’re beefing up for another run

Reactions: wetcoast

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't think Carrier is a realistic target for the Canucks based on this

Nashville is 8-1-1 in their last 10 games and in a wildcard spot, I doubt they move him for cheap and it sounds like the Canucks are focused on using their remaining trade assets for a forward.

They just traded Trenin so...

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Unreal. I really hope the Canucks respond in some way to the Avs here and aren't completely caught up on Guentzel. Need more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad