Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
a good 3 years away? I don't agree with that. I won't be surprised to see him play in the NHL full time next year. Kid turns 19 on September 29 so if he plays full time NHL next year, he's playing as a 20 year old. That's not uncommon at all for high draft picks. And having the size really helps in that regard.
I dont think he is a physically mature 18 year old though, he's growing into his body still from what I have seen. I think he may finish the year next season but a full year in the AHL wont be bad for him either. He needs to get quicker and stronger, we want this player to maximize his potential no reason to rush him. He has alot to learn from what I have seen. Small things that should be natural, like running interference for his partner or not puck watching as much in the d zone. Stuff that is all teachable and coachable which is why I really believe they should take their time with him. I think he's a project with undeniable upside. How good he gets will be on the organization and how much work he puts in.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's promising. But one decent preseason game and a highlight real goal doesn't mean all that much.

Consistency is what makes a decent player into a great one. Kid has a lot to prove.

It's exciting for sure tho

It's true but he needed a little positive attention. Since the surprisingly high draft spot and the poor rookie tournament outing by the organization (which wasn't his fault), he's had more than his fair share of the twitter peanut gallery dumping on him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
a good 3 years away? I don't agree with that. I won't be surprised to see him play in the NHL full time next year. Kid turns 19 on September 29 so if he plays full time NHL next year, he's playing as a 20 year old. That's not uncommon at all for high draft picks. And having the size really helps in that regard.

We're not a bottom 5 team anymore. And we shouldn't be rushing prospects.

There's nothing wrong with giving him a good year and a half (or more) in the AHL before full time duty in the NHL. In the long run, it's the best thing for him.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We're not a bottom 5 team anymore. And we shouldn't be rushing prospects.

There's nothing wrong with giving him a good year and a half (or more) in the AHL before full time duty in the NHL. In the long run, it's the best thing for him.
Sens are gonna need cheap ELC to fill in. Doubt he doesn't make it for 3 years.

Reactions: Dionysus

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
It's promising. But one decent preseason game and a highlight real goal doesn't mean all that much.

Consistency is what makes a decent player into a great one. Kid has a lot to prove.

It's exciting for sure tho

the thing is even without the consistency he has the talent to be a game breaker. his tools are incredible.

At worst we're getting a big physical bottom pair rd with dangles and a cannon.

Who knows what at best?

//

Also does anyone else think his skating is better than Brady's at the same age?

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I hope he gets dealt to Medicine Hat that team is an absolute wagon. Mckenna, Lindstrom, Basha that pp could be a top 5 NHL power play in a few years.

Why dont you think he will? The 3 RD spot is about the most open position on the team with very little quality competition if Zub or Jensen get hurt he will for sure get a shot. I think he is going to get some games in the NHL though but he should absolutely not stay up all year.
If he continues to have a great camp, I think the best thing is to give him a couple NHL games and send him back - hopefully to a contender like you said.

Having him understand how fast and physical an NHL season game is will show him where he needs to be. Then he goes and dominates in junior.

I generally support the CHL but he one of the few where I wish we could send him the AHL. I think he would benefit from playing against bigger faster competition and a development staff that is focused on him in particular. With the work JM did with Chara's defensive game, I would love to see some regular chats with him.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad