Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Dubas was dumb to wait this long to put him on the table just like Conroy and Hanifin these elite players still in their 20s absolutely have to return a top10-15 type player or pick (from a draft) or you just shat the bed.

Older one's sure getting later picks and packages is the norm and to be expected given teams will wait you out and force it to the deadline.

If he gets a Perreault or Lekk plus he's done well at this stage

Reactions: andora

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It’s fun having a guy who plays like Trenin that’s named Yakov

Good vibes

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Dubas was dumb to wait this long to put him on the table just like Conroy and Hanifin these elite players still in their 20s absolutely have to return a top10-15 type player or pick (from a draft) or you just shat the bed.

Older one's sure getting later picks and packages is the norm and to be expected given teams will wait you out and force it to the deadline.

If he gets a Perreault or Lekk plus he's done well at this stage
Yep conroy and dubas right now look like stepbrothers

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Here's a few names that may be available and haven't talked much about here.

Jake Middleton - LD - 2y/2.45m
Mario Ferraro - LD - 3y/3.25m
Jonathan Kovacevic - RD - 2y/0.77m
Alexander Barabanov - W - 1y/2.5m (10-NTC)
Yakov Trenin - LW/C - 1y/1.7m
Cole Smith - W - 1y/0.775m
Alexandre Carrier - RD - 1y/2.5m
Colin Miller - RD - 1y/1.85m
Cal Clutterbuck - RW - 1y/1.75m
Mathieu Joseph - W - 3y/2.95m
I have always liked Colin Miller and it would be great to have more Miller time. Maybe it's just because he plays well against us. I know he's a bit of a defensive liability but man he has a canon

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I do believe the Guentzel situation is going sideways in Dubas. No reason this is still ongoing.

This is not the year to bet the farm. The team has improved so much in a year, this management group needs a bit more time to tighten up the lineup and get some players that fit our needs. Will be plenty of opportunity going forward.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
They just traded Trenin so...
Yeah, a bottom 6 forward with limited offensive ability.

I highly doubt Carrier is available for a 3rd round pick so my point remains. All the recent rumors have linked the Canucks to forwards, I doubt they're looking to move their 2025 2nd or any good prospects for a D right now.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
i disagree. Nothing is clear it's been how long?

Horvat had a respectable 5-3 8pts in 10 games with NYI last year when brought in then went 1-2 3pts in his next 15 games. He had the luxury of Barzal and PP1 bumper force fed.

Lindholm joins on a marathon travel schedule and has bounced over 3 lines and a few different spots on the PP.

Claiming we made a mistake is being over the top. Were still in the process of getting value back

Board crashing on me.

It wasn't a mistake trade. There are other reasons he needed to be brought in, imo. That said, you have to admit that this point it looks like a pro-scouting error. He looks lost on the wing, which stands to reason because he's played almost exclusively at C.

At worst, he's a high end 3C here, which is fine. But the time to continue to toil is running out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad