Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Mikhayev is a easy buy out it if he cant recover 1.15 i believe

what he really needs is a 7-10 days in the press box to get some rest and then try and reset him

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Absolutely not.

I'd bet Hoglander is on the table with possibly Raty or Pod.
very much doubt that Hoglander is on the table. If he was, it would be comically stupid of us for putting him, there and equally stupid of Dubas for not agreeing to a 1 for 1 swap before Ruthervin came to their senses.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I do think that Allvin and JR are kind of galaxy braining the Lindholm situation and getting carried away with that when there have been cheap depth acquisitions that we should have been in on
Disagree. I think they have my benefit of the doubt and aren’t getting carried away. Likely have pivoted from Guentzel with a final offer. I think we’ll see a depth acquisition today.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

IMG_0386.gif

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
very much doubt that Hoglander is on the table. If he was, it would be comically stupid of us for putting him, there and equally stupid of Dubas for not agreeing to a 1 for 1 swap before Ruthervin came to their senses.
Well they have not put up Lekk nor Willander.

To have any chance, Hoglander is the only one that makes sense.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It's funny how Lindholm is viewed here right now.

Guy is still an excellent player finding his way with a new team
Doesn’t sound like Guentzel is happening so I’m fine with keeping Lindholm.

But you’d still like to see a winger who can provide offense added so that Tocchet has the option to run the lotto line with Lindholm/Hog/NewWinger

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Seeing Duhaime go for a late 3rd two years from now to a western rival concerns me quite a bit. He would have been the perfect addition to Tocchet's system.

We don't have a 3rd to offer, in any of the next 3 years (this year's third is tied up in a condition).

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
We don't have a 3rd to offer, in any of the next 3 years (this year's third is tied up in a condition).
We have NJD's 2024 4th, which could have been packaged with something else if necessary for Duhaime. A late 3rd and an early 4th really don't differ that much at all.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
If they don’t trade him he should definitely be load managed.

Cole too
cant agree more. It just seems they are a dollar short and a half second late. 82 games can be a marathon and they just aren't getting the reset they need currently. And for Mikhayev its mental you can see it on his face

Reactions: Nucker101

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

I wouldn't say excellent. He has clearly been a pro-scouting error, but one that is understandable given the larger context of why he was brought in.

I'm fine with him at 3C if all else fails. At 2RW, I think that's why Kessel is still here. All told though, with as much noise around him right now, I think he gets dealt.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Excellent is a stretch. He can still help this team defensively no doubt but he can’t post donuts offensively.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Keep in mind RD mostly talks to agents. This take from him is biased towards them.
Honestly, he was dealt for in early Feb. I think under the circumstances, the young family remains in Calgary and should really only come over for visits. Better to not disrupt the routine for the young kids. Yes, the father will miss the child, which is what the visits would be on the prior 3 game homestand.
Goes for every player. It's a reality of the business. Doesn't make sense to make a move in season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here's a few names that may be available and haven't talked much about here.

Jake Middleton - LD - 2y/2.45m
Mario Ferraro - LD - 3y/3.25m
Jonathan Kovacevic - RD - 2y/0.77m
Alexander Barabanov - W - 1y/2.5m (10-NTC)
Yakov Trenin - LW/C - 1y/1.7m
Cole Smith - W - 1y/0.775m
Alexandre Carrier - RD - 1y/2.5m
Colin Miller - RD - 1y/1.85m
Cal Clutterbuck - RW - 1y/1.75m
Mathieu Joseph - W - 3y/2.95m

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If the Rags are in the max I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion. Drury seems like type who will cave if it’s someone he really wants.

Canes will not
Well then I want the Canes to get him and the Rags to circle back to us and overpay for Lindholm.

If we got Boston’s first I would take Debrusk to replace Lindholm. Having a couple 2025 firsts would be a good stop to be in heading into the offseason

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Now they want to get sentimental?

Unless you absolutely think he can turn it around, they need to move him.

Otherwise you might as well just write off the teams chances in the postseason.
I'm sure that they're well aware of what Lindholm is capable of (JR drafted him)...Still enough time in the season to get him rolling..

It would be a bad look to flip this player again..They traded for him in good faith..He's a respected player (especially by fellow Swedes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad