Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Have to wonder if theres any unwillingness to trade with rutherford and allvin, I know someone reliable claimed the flames didnt want to trade with treliving unless they were blown away. Sounded like the higher ups were not happy he left.

No idea though. Pure speculation.

Although I bet rangers fans and florida fans are saying the same thing wondering why they couldnt beat that package.

Reactions: God

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I really don't like what the Penguins got for Guentzel but it really comes to personal preference. They got 3 of Carolina's top-10 prospects (according to Scott Wheeler) but didn't get any of the upper echelon prospects. Bunting is a good player on a fine contract and probably fits in really well next to Crosby like he did with the Maple Leafs' stars. Picks are a big load of meh and should mean nothing to the Hurricanes.

I'm not surprised that the Hurricanes pulled the trigger and were able to offer up the biggest package. Lots of quantity over quality like with the Trochek trade from a few years ago. This feels like a baseball trade.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Also, no top-10 team prospects had been traded until the last two trades: Jack Thompson (#3 on Tampa Bay), Ponomarov, Koivunen, and Lucius (6,7, & 9 on Carolina).

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
How do the Pens not get a guaranteed first in a trade like that?

Seems very underwhelming considering what was being proposed the last few days.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Wow, they didn’t even get a 1st in all likelihood.

Bunch of B/C level prospects.

Awful return for Pit after all the big talk.

How do the Pens not get a guaranteed first in a trade like that?

Seems very underwhelming considering what was being proposed the last few days.
Its dubas - this guy is death by a thousand cuts

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
One of the reporters were suggesting Toffoli's return could be a 1st + an A/B prospect - whoever that was needs to get their credentials taken away and should be considered a joke looking at what Guentzel just went for
  • 2022-Feb-14 Traded from Montreal Canadiens to Calgary Flames for Emil Heineman, Tyler Pitlick, conditional round 1 pick in the 2022 draft and round 5 pick in the 2023 draft
  • 2023-Jun-27 Traded from Calgary Flames to New Jersey Devils for Yegor Sharangovich and round 3 pick in the 2023 draft

He won't get what he did in 2022. Probably a 2nd + B prospect.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Have to wonder if theres any unwillingness to trade with rutherford and allvin, I know someone reliable claimed the flames didnt want to trade with treliving unless they were blown away. Sounded like the higher ups were not happy he left.

No idea though. Pure speculation.

Although I bet rangers fans and florida fans are saying the same thing wondering why they couldnt beat that package.
Sometimes the answer is pretty simple, Dubas is a dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad