Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ponomaryov is 21, C, Carolina's No. 6 prospect.
Koivunen is 20, RW/LW, Carolina's No. 7 prospect.
Lucius is 19, RW, Carolina's No. 9 prospect

That’s certainly interesting

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I feel like we could have beat that package still

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
There is the advantage and disadvantage of going first in the trade market, unfortunately, it looks like we overpaid for sure, but that’s just the way things go, that being said the fact, we saved 5 million next season is a pretty significant part of the package

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
how did we not beat that offer?

thats crazy, if we didnt' do lindholm trade for sure we would have had the assets

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Dubas overplayed his hand and got bodied by Tulsky.
I got banned from the trade board thread for posting this:

IMG_4822.jpeg

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
This should lower the market for the rest of the forwards if we wanna upgrade still

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Calling it a conditional 1st is some serious damage control. Even if the Canes make the finals it's pick 31 or 32.

Some decent prospects but not a single premium piece for a top line winger rental. Couldn't get Nikishin, Drury or Morrow while expecting Lekkerimaki or Willander from our end?

Reactions: David71 and quat

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
There is the advantage and disadvantage of going first in the trade market, unfortunately, it looks like we overpaid for sure, but that’s just the way things go, that being said the fact, we saved 5 million next season is a pretty significant part of the package
Most of us here thought it would be a sellers market. Wasn't much stock out there but it seems like buying teams ended up valuing depth. It became a buyers market.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Calling it a conditional 1st is some serious damage control. Even if the Canes make the finals it's pick 31 or 32.

Some decent prospects but not a single premium piece for a top line winger rental. Couldn't get Nikishin, Drury or Morrow while expecting Lekkerimaki or Willander from our end?

Switch out Hog for Mikh

• Wow
Reactions: quat

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver

Switch out Hog for Mikh

Even if it's Mikheyev instead of Hog (more valuable than anybody discussed besides Guentzel) we have a lot more NHL ready guys in Podz and Bains that likely would have been more attractive for Dubas. Shows we weren't willing to drop too many of those guys.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Even if it's Mikheyev instead of Hog (more valuable than anybody discussed besides Guentzel) we have a lot more NHL ready guys in Podz and Bains that likely would have been more attractive for Dubas. Shows we weren't willing to drop too many of those guys.
I really think it was Dubas who willingly chose the Carolina package rather than the Canucks being stingy.

I'd give up that package any day of the week. Not even a guaranteed first? Jesus.

Reactions: quat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad