Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
We're all a little short on patience here in F40 but look at the bright side - BA didn't make any mistakes today.:cool:
3 players for late round picks? Basically gave them away for nothing. Zucker and Stetcher aren't even close to being addition by subtraction. Dumba arguably is but did we really need to get him outta here so badly that we'll accept the latest pick and add our own?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
3 players for late round picks? Basically gave them away for nothing. Zucker and Stetcher aren't even close to being addition by subtraction. Dumba arguably is but did we really need to get him outta here so badly that we'll accept the latest pick and add our own?
Apparently Dumba had a $1M+ roster bonus for after the deadline which is why he had to go no matter what. That eases my concern on the return a bit.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Everyone a loser baby that's the truth, that's no lie.. Song that's playing in my head by Bootsause Yotes version. Good thing we got those 6 and 7 draft picks we were needing.

No support for the team this year! Please show up, get paid but don't win. We want to lose for a chance at a top pick. That's 100 percent want ownership and leadership is saying. Now this is a justified rant!

We need to change the draft. Bottom 10 teams all have 10 percent chance for 1st over all and draw all bottom 10 spots.

Help keep the game honest.
Isn't that the f***ING truth.... so tired of being penalized for players competing and giving it their all. There are ways to solve this.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig Morgan sucks as a coyotes insider. On a day to show up he was nowhere to be seen. Schmaltz brother broke the Dumba trade before him and he’s supposed to be our guy? This organization blows
His brother is on the roster and he’s got maybe one or two other former NHL teammates who’s connected.

These guys do talk to each other all the time.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Rome wasn't built in a day - BA reaped what he could. Certainly not impressive but his powder is still dry. Saved a little scratch to boot.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I’m just praying that maybe, just maybe, we win the draft lottery, and then the week of the draft win the auction right before drafting celebrini.

It won’t happen, because we aren’t allowed to have nice things, but man would that be nice after this shit f***ing season
I’m not going there. the odds arent good. stick with the plan , keep going. if it was easy they would need a lot more stanley cups to hand out.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Zucker for a 6th is just sad. 30g scorer .5ppg retained and all you can get for him is a 6th? Connor f***ing Dewar gets a 4th and a player.

We just unloaded two guys whom everyone has bitched about all year for lack of contribution and you all still not happy.
I haven't seen anyone bitch about Zucker at all. Stecher at times has been our best d-man (especially early on) and was solid all season.

Dumba has been our worst d-man this season, sure. I mean, he still should have more value than a 5th imo?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Zucker for a 6th is just sad. 30g scorer .5ppg retained and all you can get for him is a 6th? Connor f***ing Dewar gets a 4th and a player.

I haven't seen anyone bitch about Zucker at all. Stecher at times has been our best d-man (especially early on) and was solid all season.

Dumba has been our worst d-man this season, sure. I mean, he still should have more value than a 5th imo?

You haven't been reading much. Dumba caught most of the flack but there was some at Zucker too.

- Zucker was on a $5.3 million contract.
- Dumba was a $3.9 million contract with a $1 million bonus payable after the TDL.

Coyotes saved roughly $2.5 million which they can use to extend players we do want.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
We went from 48 to 44 contracts. I'm surprised they didn't find someone who would include an expiring AHL vet contract as a throw in to help Tucson.

Maybe this means they're going to add a couple more NCAA free agents.

Reactions: Mosby and Kaizen

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
There are going to be a lot of angry posters this season, and likely next. Early in the year, I thought maybe we were going to be ahead of schedule, but that's not the case now. I expect next season to be the last "bad" year, followed by playoffs or a near miss. We'll be integrating important youth over the next 5 years, 2029/2030 should be the opening of our true contention window.
Going to be? LOL. Most of whom are because of unrealistic expectations like being ahead of schedule.... I'm fine with on schedule.
EDM sportswriter talking about the Stecher deal, was claiming that AZ was tight on our retention slots for possible trades at the draft. No new retention slots burned yet. Retention flexibility and money savings must have been a priority for GMBA.

From day 1 BA had a plan....nothings changed. Staying on schedule.
BA keeping his promise to the UFA's he signed. Did you want to re-sign them? If not, what value do they provide the rest of the season to the Coyotes?
Surprised Keller and Crouse haven't asked out of this clown show at this point to be honest. Wouldn't blame them if they did.
I'm surprised so many think the pulse of forum 40 represents anything remotely close to the players mindset.

Stick to the plan BA....If you find a magic 8 ball go ahead and use it to placate forum 40 members....if not stay the course.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Confused why we signed Zucker and Dumba in the first place if the team didn't have the financing available to retain them on trade. Wasn't that the point of bringing in these contracts? BA said himself he didn't think we were a playoff team.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
BA keeping his promise to the UFA's he signed. Did you want to re-sign them? If not, what value do they provide the rest of the season to the Coyotes?
I wanted to re-sign Stecher. Zucker I'm on the fence about. But I think he could be a lot more useful if we put him with a playmaker like Macelli and didn't play him with Kerfoot and Carcone. I'm not sad about him leaving but I would have rather kept him for another year than traded him for what essentially amounts to nothing.

There was no retention on the Zucker contract.
Sorry, I meant we could/should have retained.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Confused why we signed Zucker and Dumba in the first place if the team didn't have the financing available to retain them on trade. Wasn't that the point of bringing in these contracts? BA said himself he didn't think we were a playoff team.
Leadership, experience and fill in's for a year as the kids grow.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I would really like to know what his schedule is. Top 5 pick for 5 years?

All 500 fans at Mullet would be wearing paper bags over there heads by the end.
My Dad tells me my brother wore one to a Suns game back in the 80's LOL!
I've recently considered doing so at the Mullet. :laugh:

Leadership, experience and fill in's for a year as the kids grow.
Kids that shouldn't be here yet, but hey..... it's a stupid league, like Torts said.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Did you expect more?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think it was to help buy some development time for Guenther, Kesselring and Soderstrom.

It sounds like they did the contracts in such a way to ensure that they were only on the hook for a specific amount. Buying development time is a good investment. I just wish we could have gotten a little more trade deadline return, but such was the market.

If these guys had played a little better, they would have been worth more. But if they'd performed a little better, we probably would have been on the playoff bubble too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad