Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Might as well scratch Keller from that list, given the time frame.
The ol’ adage “you’ve got to stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything” is coming to mind.

At some point we're going to have to make some tough decisions and trade some good players/assets to fill gaps in the roster and continue to move the rebuild forward. I would prefer it not be Keller, but if it turns out that way... Oh well!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
At some point we're going to have to make some tough decisions and trade some good players/assets to fill gaps in the roster and continue to move the rebuild forward. I would prefer it not be Keller, but if it turns out that way... Oh well!
And when does it end?

Edit: I should ask, when does a winning core get established.

Reactions: Jakey53

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Guenther sent to Tucson. I haven’t heard anything today. Losing faith in my guy.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I guess they want guenther to play in tucson to get him acclimated for the playoffs there.
Makes sense somewhat.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
And when does it end?

I don't know when it ends, but we all know it takes longer than 3 years :laugh:

There was always the chance of some "casualties" along the way like Chychrun and/or Keller. Doesn't really mean things are taking too long. Hell, look how fast Kane and Toews wanted out of Chicago (as soon as they heard the word "rebuild") for example. Right away. Should Chicago have avoided rebuilding just to keep them on the roster? I don't think so.

Besides, you don't really know what Keller is thinking. Maybe he's fine with it all and what he sees on the horizon. Maybe not. We'll see!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
There are going to be a lot of angry posters this season, and likely next. Early in the year, I thought maybe we were going to be ahead of schedule, but that's not the case now. I expect next season to be the last "bad" year, followed by playoffs or a near miss. We'll be integrating important youth over the next 5 years, 2029/2030 should be the opening of our true contention window.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
My guys are all gone…. Lucky bastards!
I had quite a few before, but now just the one. Usually pretty spot on, has been spot on with the arena stuff and last years deadline, but we’ve got less than an hour to see if he comes through. Schmaltz and Vej he was pretty certain about. Dumba to the east.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don't know when it ends, but we all know it takes longer than 3 years :laugh:

There was always the chance of some "casualties" along the way like Chychrun and/or Keller. Doesn't really mean things are taking too long. Hell, look how fast Kane and Toews wanted out of Chicago (as soon as they heard the word "rebuild") for example. Right away. Should Chicago have avoided rebuilding just to keep them on the roster? I don't think so.

Besides, you don't really know what Keller is thinking. Maybe he's fine with it all and what he sees on the horizon. Maybe not. We'll see!
My point was that he’ll be too damn old by the time this team comes around.
Chicago shamelessly tanked by getting rid of Nearly all talent, to include recent high draft picks. Kane said he’d have had a hard time saying no, had the Hawks asked him to work something out to stay.
There ought to be a law against shameless tanking!

Dumba to Tampa Bay

Dumba to Tampa Bay

Dumba to Tampa Bay

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad