Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Ok how about 50% retention on Dumba and we get a pick and free donuts for the rest of the season.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This season f***ing sucks dude. We better use that retention because if we don’t maximize our retention slots to get some half decent returns because Meruelo is f***ing broke I’m gonna be pissed. This season already feels like a colossal waste
Well…he is about to pay $70million to State of Arizona in an auction in 11wks.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@Mangosteen
Don't know. But maybe.
Depends on the donut shop. Maybe we could change the donuts for Cerveza Cristal ^^
And just to keep everybody in the loop about cerveza cristal:

Yes they are real. They are from the 2000s and from Chile.
And people have a lot of fun with them and edit them into everything on youtube ^^

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I’d take the Toffoli return for Schmaltz.
Yeah but oddly enough you're the exact opposite of most HF posters in that you tend to aim very low in trades. While it's refreshing that you don't propose 3rd liners for some other teams prize prospect but at that same time sometimesI think you'd trade the whole team for a block of cheese. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Mosby and rt

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Just please for they love of god trade dumba. I don’t even care if it’s for anything. Future considerations is fine. If dumba is on this roster tonight I’m not watching the rest of the season

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
And if that deal doesn't exist anymore? Seems stupid to ship one of our best non core pieces for peanuts just to send a message. He has term left maybe it's easier to move that contract in the off season.
Exactly my thinking.
We can trade him whenever we want. But because of his M-NTC there is a limit to where we can trade him.
So its better to wait and see what comes up in the offseason.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Because, from everything that has been said since Armstrong has taken over, BA has been seriously entertaining getting rid of him.

You don't do that with a core piece.
I don’t put too much stock in what posters say and BA has not said anything (to my knowledge) that would indicate he’s not a core piece.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Because, from everything that has been said since Armstrong has taken over, BA has been seriously entertaining getting rid of him.

You don't do that with a core piece.
I have no clue who our core is now, is Keller core? Who would you say core is :)

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I also thought Schmaltz was part of our core. This might be a new thread but who is our core now? Or is this yet to be decided. That's a question that should be asked to BA.

Yet to be decided, I think.

I read somewhere that a core typically consists of 5 players. I think that BA is expecting that his core will eventually consist of players from this list:

Keller
Maccelli
McBain
Cooley
Guenther
But
Simashev
Geekie
Lamoureaux
2024 1st round pick
2025 1st round pick
Maybe some pleasant surprises along the way

... definitely not Schmaltz.

Maybe Crouse but I think someone younger will eventually take his job and make him expendable.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don’t put too much stock in what posters say and BA has not said anything (to my knowledge) that would indicate he’s not a core piece.

Have you been infected with Jakey-19? :oops:

I have no clue who our core is now, is Keller core? Who would you say core is :)

My opinion? Guenther, Cooley, and Keller.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yet to be decided, I think.

I read somewhere that a core typically consists of 5 players. I think that BA is expecting that his core will eventually consist of players from this list:

Keller
Maccelli
McBain
Cooley
Guenther
But
Simashev
Geekie
Lamoureaux
2024 1st round pick
2025 1st round pick
Maybe some pleasant surprises along the way

... definitely not Schmaltz.

Maybe Crouse but I think someone younger will eventually take his job and make him expendable.
Might as well scratch Keller from that list, given the time frame.
The ol’ adage “you’ve got to stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything” is coming to mind.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Might as well scratch Keller from that list, given the time frame.
The ol’ adage “you’ve got to stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything” is coming to mind.

That may very well happen, but I'd like to see what Keller does without Schmaltz around before we cut bait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad