Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I don't know that Schmaltz is going to get traded as I'm sure the receiving team is going to insist on the Coyotes retaining salary. Armstrong has always stressed that this kind of thing isn't some random throw-in with the trade and I'm guessing he's valuing giving up the 2nd retention spot for 2 more years quite a bit. That would set the team back to just 1 for those two years.

He also likely gets a poor return without retaining on Zucker and Dumba so he might really need them.

Carolina also seemed like a good candidate. Hard to say if they would still be intersted after acquiring Guentzel.

Guessing it'll be a rather uneventful deadline for the Coyotes unless they trade someone like Vejmelka.

Have fun watching it unfold, I'm going to sleep and will get up about half an hour before the deadline arrives.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
It would take a hell of a lot more than Zucker and Dumba to land him. I agree, would be nice.
I would guess so too. Although I'm not very good at player valuations and he was mentioned in this thread. Maybe a combination of rental, picks and cap dump could get it done if Vancouver is getting impatient with him.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
There can’t be anything close on Schmaltz or else he would be scratched tonight, right? @SR’s source seemed fairly confident but it looks like it’s going to have to be a last minute decision to get anything done. Otherwise I just don’t see why he would be in the lineup tonight…
The return on Schmaltz would not be of greater value rhan keeping him. The funniest scenario I read yesterday was Carolina, as if Schmaltz was the Brind’ Amour type.
Oh, how did you like Schmaltz (not even a D man) finding himself in D man position against Wild zone entry, forcing an offsides?
Like I said, passive, smart defender. Don’t let his calm, intelligence (doesn’t run all over the ice) fool ya.

There can’t be anything close on Schmaltz or else he would be scratched tonight, right? @SR’s source seemed fairly confident but it looks like it’s going to have to be a last minute decision to get anything done. Otherwise I just don’t see why he would be in the lineup tonight…
The return on Schmaltz would not be of greater value rhan keeping him. The funniest scenario I read yesterday was Carolina, as if Schmaltz was the Brind
Thank you so much lmao. What's old is new again:)
but Jakey said Friedman has no knowledge

Reactions: Edenjung

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
At this point, Zucker is the only other name I expect to be moved. I'm fine to sit on our hands this TD, a majority of our contending roster has yet to be drafted, or is developing. This is just the middle part where we make deals if we get someone we really like. Next year is likely more of the same, though hopefully with better results.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Jonatan Berggren just got called up from DET…so he and Schmaltz can switch locker rooms tonight

I think BA would maybe get the ok to retain 25% on Schmaltz and then pay off a third party to retain another 25% on him

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
This season f***ing sucks dude. We better use that retention because if we don’t maximize our retention slots to get some half decent returns because Meruelo is f***ing broke I’m gonna be pissed. This season already feels like a colossal waste

Reactions: Mangosteen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad