Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Nick Schmaltz is not a good defensive hockey player and has not stuck at center ever because he shies away from board battles and physicality, is prone to laziness too many nights, and is not positionally sound in his own end. No one should be under the illusion that he is a good defensive hockey player. He is below average.
Very frustrating player who has some innate skills (eg: zone entries) but is massively inconsistent with effort, is soft and doesn't appear interested improving the parts of his game that are lacking.

Not the type of veteran player you want around a young team.

Hopefully he gets moved.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Sure there are, but we signed him to the contract. We will get the value back from an over paid player, that still might be our second best all around forward.
Chayka signed him.
No he is not, he is actually above average in his own end, that is why he can play some C, his defense is good.
Soft lost and lazy in the d zone. One of the worst on the team. And that’s hard to do.
All of our second round picks aren't going to get us a good NHL player this summer. Packaging Schmaltz and picks this summer might get us a good NHL player.
Sure hope so!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nick Schmaltz is not a good defensive hockey player and has not stuck at center ever because he shies away from board battles and physicality, is prone to laziness too many nights, and is not positionally sound in his own end. No one should be under the illusion that he is a good defensive hockey player. He is below average.
Totally disagree, thats why he can play some C because he is average or above on D. He's better than Keller on D too.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Nailed it.

Very frustrating player who has some innate skills (eg: zone entries) but is massively inconsistent with effort, is soft and doesn't appear interested improving the parts of his game that are lacking.

Not the type of veteran player you want around a young team.

Hopefully he gets moved.
100%

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I love you guys but some of you are so funny.

“What a pathetic effort!” “This team is so frustrating!” “Too many stupid mistakes…unacceptable!” “Where is the heart? Why isn’t AT doing more with this group?” And so on and so forth…but then at the same time…

“No don’t trade any of our players away, they’re great!” “Why are you underrating our players?!” “Now is not the time to trade players let’s wait until they are older and have more miles and have less value!”

I don’t get it haha.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Doubt the return is much at all for Stecher. Wasn’t much last year. Sucks, Stecher is a very under appreciated piece and I shudder to think how our defense will be the rest of the year with him gone

Reactions: Jakey53

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Totally disagree, thats why he can play some C because he is average or above on D. He's better than Keller on D too.
He has only played C out of pure desperation on the team’s part. That is literally the only reason. If he was good defensively, consistent effort wise, and above average as a defensive forward….he would bring playing center right now! But he isn’t.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I love you guys but some of you are so funny.

“What a pathetic effort!” “This team is so frustrating!” “Too many stupid mistakes…unacceptable!” “Where is the heart? Why isn’t AT doing more with this group?” And so on and so forth…but then at the same time…

“No don’t trade any of our players away, they’re great!” “Why are you underrating our players?!” “Now is not the time to trade players let’s wait until they are older and have more miles and have less value!”

I don’t get it haha.
I love you.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
With teams bidding for toffoli and Guentzel, I don’t see any realistic way schmaltz goes. That’s a summer trade, if it happens at all

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
From what was sent to me - Schmaltz was almost dealt at last years deadline and then again at the draft. A couple teams have inquired about him but his cap hit is an issue and AZ isn’t interested in retaining on him since he has another year remaining. If he’s still here after the deadline it could be done at the draft.

Vejmelka - struggled this year but has proven he can be a capable guy. Ingram has solidified himself as the number 1 guy and there’s value out there for Vej, but another goalie needs to come back to fill the back up role until the year ends.

If O’Brien is dealt it’s likely to the East and could be one of them future consideration deals.

Dumba
Bjugstad
Zucker

All will be dealt before tomorrow.

Again, this isn’t me speculating or coming from me, this is just what was sent to me after I inquired.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I guess someone's willing to over-pay for Bjugstad. Can't imagine any other reason for trading him. We could use him on the roster next season.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He should be a 75p player and 30g scorer....if he worked harder.
Or played with a better supporting cast. I don't think many think Schmaltz is a 75 pt. player, and if many GM's think that we should be getting a 1 rounder for him. If we can only get a second as rt suggested so we can spend it on our D would be fine, but whatever player we want is going to take more assets than a 2nd. Not only do we lose a 50pt. player we lose more assets as well. Might have to package Schmaltz to get a best case return.

Reactions: Edenjung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad