Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Dallas wants to win now and they have Edmonton, Vegas and the Avs to get through.
A second would be what they drafted Logan for. They would get Zucker at 50 percent for two years pretty much for free.

Zucker can play any line and any forward position. Great insurance for a long cup run. If we have to add another 2nd I would.

We need centers or Dmen from the 2020ish draft to speed things up. Smallish centers always have a lower ask price it seems.
They aren’t trading a five dollar bill for a nickel and a dime just because they like the jingle.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
To Toronto: Matt Dumba (retained)
To Arizona: Nick Robertson

To Vegas: Jason Zucker (retained)
To Arizona: 2025 3rd

To Edmonton: Nick Bjugstad
To Arizona: Philip Broberg

How close are these?

Realizing we are also going to need some bodies back so we have a full lineup especially if we don’t want to touch Tucson.

Keller Hayton Schmaltz
Robertson Cooley Guenther
Crouse Kerfoot Maccelli
Carcone McBain OBrien

Moser Durzi
Valimaki Stecher
Broberg Kesselring
Dermott Brown

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
He's got a retirement mindset. Dump him.

When BA was hired he talked about not bringing in guys who wanted to be a Coyote just to live in Arizona. It’s about being a Coyote, not about the sunshine and golf courses. I think we broke our own rule there for the opportunity to cash in on Dumba. Hopefully it pays off.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Dumba might be an avid golfer but I think his biggest issue is he's not the player he used to be and closer to a bottom pairing dman than a top pairing Dman like he's being used in AZ.

Based on the consistency of glaring giveaways each game he's now a depth dman....I imagine he'll look better if he is traded and isn't expected to be on the ice against the other teams best players.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Dumba might be an avid golfer but I think his biggest issue is he's not the player he used to be and closer to a bottom pairing dman than a top pairing Dman like he's being used in AZ.

Based on the consistency of glaring giveaways each game he's now a depth dman....I imagine he'll look better if he is traded and isn't expected to be on the ice against the other teams best players.
Truth. It is also much about who he is paired with. Some Wild fans would say it was Brodin that made Dumba and bailed him out on the regular. Dermott was certainly not the dman to save Dumba every game.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dallas wants to win now and they have Edmonton, Vegas and the Avs to get through.
A second would be what they drafted Logan for. They would get Zucker at 50 percent for two years pretty much for free.

Zucker can play any line and any forward position. Great insurance for a long cup run. If we have to add another 2nd I would.

We need centers or Dmen from the 2020ish draft to speed things up. Smallish centers always have a lower ask price it seems.
No respect for Winnipeg or Vancouver?

Reactions: Jakey53

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Ok still stuck on Logan Stankoven. What about Crouse and a pick? Fair value?

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

Who was it that had a boner for Myers earlier this year? Was it Schemp?

Maybe Van decided to jettison is big-ass caphit if he's out for a while. We might even be able to squeeze a mid-round pick of JR.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40

Who was it that had a boner for Myers earlier this year? Was it Schemp?

Maybe Van decided to jettison is big-ass caphit if he's out for a while. We might even be able to squeeze a mid-round pick of JR.
I was thinking of a Dumba to Vancouver and we take on Myers for cap reasons. The Canucks don't have anything of value to entice the Coyotes to do it.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry if this was already posted and I just didn't see it.

Countdown to TradeCentre: Are Noah Hanifin, Matt Dumba locks to move? | TSN

What I can tell you, the fact that they didn't get a first-rounder back for Chris Tanev, wasn't warmly received in places like Philadelphia and Arizona, where Sean Walker and Matt Dumba respectively are pending unrestricted defencemen that are out there and obviously their teams were hoping to get a first-rounder and are still hoping to get a first-rounder back for them," TSN Hockey Insider Chris Johnston said Thursday on Insider Trading.

"As for Dumba, I do think Arizona is committed to moving on from him. They've had a long losing streak here. And you know, they made a move last year with Edmonton at the deadline but for Nick Bjugstad where they didn't get as high of a pick as they wanted, but they got a player they liked. And you know, maybe that's the path for a Dumba deal if a first-rounder doesn't materialize for the Coyotes."
I guess I just found it surprising to hear a 1st mentioned for Dumba. It gives me a little hope that with retention, a 3rd rounder, and GP conditions, that some team might part with a late 1st? Maybe it's something like Dumba has to play 30 games with the new team or they make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad