Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The greater question is this: is Jakob Chychrun ever going to be content anywhere?

I mean, this is two teams and two straight trade requests... context of suckage aside, this is not a trend that's going to be looked upon favorably by many GMs.

He’s the Pierre Luc Dubois of defensemen.
I got that he's unlikely to sign there long term not so much that he's requesting a trade. The former will likely result in a trade for asset management reasons but it's not Chychrun demanding one.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I’d offer our first in a package for tkachuck.
I wouldn't because the Coyotes are the type of team that would somehow not negotiate lottery protection. While other teams are getting away with top 10 trade protection, the Coyotes probably wouldn't get any which of course would result in them winning the lottery for the first time ever!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I hope we see the following players traded by next Friday:

Valimaki
Dumba (retain 50)
Zucker (retain 50)
Dermott
Brown
Carcone (maybe try to sneak him through waivers but I don't think he makes it)

Bring in some short term quality AHL players and contract/cap casualties.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I'd be shocked if Dermott or Brown had any value.

I think Bjugstad goes.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Maybe I'm a fool, but I wouldn't trade this year's first. Next year's? Definitely!

If Tkachuk were a C I would trade this year's.

I'd trade this year's 1st unprotected to reduce the amount of real assets that would have to accompany it. Maybe it's because I don't know as much about this year's draft class as other years, but I don't think Celebrini is a generational talent, and besides he's an NCAA player who could decide to rabbit on us later down the road.

Brady Tkachuk is a proven commodity and that's worth a primo pick, especially given that we have plenty of other draft capital to spend to get back in the first round if there's someone we can't live without.

But I don't think any of this is likely to happen.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
[Lebrun] On Ryan Whitney’s tweet last week regarding the Senators “maybe” being willing to move Brady Tkachuk:

[Staios] Ah yeah, that could not be further from the truth (chuckle).

I don’t follow on social media. I do get, our communications people alert me to things like that. There’s obviously no truth to that. Like, we’re building the team around Brady Tkachuk and the type of person, the type of player and the type of leader that he is. He means everything to the organization. And he brings it every night along with our core group of players. It’s a matter of time and a matter of nurturing this group.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
[Lebrun] On Ryan Whitney’s tweet last week regarding the Senators “maybe” being willing to move Brady Tkachuk:

I don’t follow on social media. I do get, our communications people alert me to things like that. There’s obviously no truth to that. Like, we’re building the team around Brady Tkachuk and the type of person, the type of player and the type of leader that he is. He means everything to the organization. And he brings it every night along with our core group of players. It’s a matter of time and a matter of nurturing this group.

2AE27BFC-6748-4C35-A963-9B7630DAF391.jpeg

I'd be shocked if Dermott or Brown had any value.

I think Bjugstad goes.
Bjugstad got a 3rd last year as a rental. He’s got another year at a cheap rate and he’s producing even better than he did last season. I honestly think he might be able to pull a 2nd.

I hope we see the following players traded by next Friday:

Valimaki
Dumba (retain 50)
Zucker (retain 50)
Dermott
Brown
Carcone (maybe try to sneak him through waivers but I don't think he makes it)

Bring in some short term quality AHL players and contract/cap casualties.
The only player that I REALLY want traded is Schmaltz. I dont think any of the guys on your list have much value. Maybe Dumba if we retain the max gets us something decent.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Bjugstad got a 3rd last year as a rental. He’s got another year at a cheap rate and he’s producing even better than he did last season. I honestly think he might be able to pull a 2nd.

The only player that I REALLY want traded is Schmaltz. I dont think any of the guys on your list have much value. Maybe Dumba if we retain the max gets us something decent.
Bjugstad would be a smart get for a playoff team. I would be very disappointed to see him go. He has become one of my favorite players.

Marek was interviewing a former GM, Brian Lawton, and they were playing up the concept of teams looking to get heavy at the tdl for playoffs. Big maybe but maybe Brown & Dumba have more value than what might otherwise be thought.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Spittin Chiclets was talking all about how the AB’s can’t afford the luxury of keeping Ullmark when the goalie market is hit and Swayman is RFA and they have major needs up-front.

Colorado needs a goalie and they need to dump RyJo. Boston will need a decent backup when Ullmark is gone and we have Veggie. I feel like there is a good way for us to help knock loose some big trades and get paid premium facilitation fees.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I wouldn't because the Coyotes are the type of team that would somehow not negotiate lottery protection. While other teams are getting away with top 10 trade protection, the Coyotes probably wouldn't get any which of course would result in them winning the lottery for the first time ever!
I trust bill armstrong to negotiate that. He’s doesn’t strike me as a push over in any stretch of the imagination.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

So what idiot journalist that started this rumor needed clicks to pay the bills?

Reactions: Nowotny

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He is better than Monahan so he should get at least a 1st.
If I was planning to be in playoffs I would take Monahan over Schmaltz anyday. He plays a more important position, is bigger, and has actually showed he can produce when going gets tough. Injury history is a concern though??

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If I was planning to be in playoffs I would take Monahan over Schmaltz anyday. He plays a more important position, is bigger, and has actually showed he can produce when going gets tough. Injury history is a concern though??
Monahan may be more valuable a player, that is true. But he rid return a 1st +

Schmaltz is a better skater and scores more (I think?)

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Monahan may be more valuable a player, that is true. But he rid return a 1st +

Schmaltz is a better skater and scores more (I think?)
Over career they are roughly the same points per game. I take the bigger center everyday when you consider he can play at important times. I'm not sure Schmaltz will ever do heavy lifting.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Ryjo sucks. I’m tired of bringing in sucky ass players to help the good teams stay good while we just keep bringing in sucky ass players. I’m so so tired of it

The point is to buy him out. He never even has to fly out. He can just stay home. It has NOTHING to do with him on the ice. Ideally he’d never touch the ice.

He is better than Monahan so he should get at least a 1st.
I don’t agree that he’s better than Monahan. Schmaltz is painfully, maddeningly soft. And he’s awful in his own zone. Purely a perimeter player.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree.

The point is to buy him out. He never even has to fly out. He can just stay home. It has NOTHING to do with him on the ice. Ideally he’d never touch the ice.

I don’t agree that he’s better than Monahan. Schmaltz is painfully, maddeningly soft. And he’s awful in his own zone. Purely a perimeter player.
Coyote fans love their players.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad