Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
To EDM:
Vejmelka
Dermott
FLA ‘24 2nd

To ARI:
Campbell
Broberg
EDM ‘24 1st
——
To VGK:
Schmaltz
ARI ‘24 3rd

To ARI:
Whitecloud

I don’t think Edmonton burns one of their few good trade chips just to upgrade the backup goaltender. Holland is retiring at the end of the year so Campbell is not his problem.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
The only thing I could come up with is
Vejmelka +
FOR
Bo Byram
That'll get the AVs under the cap and the Coyotes have a rather large assortment of prospects and draft picks like UofD RW Matikka

The plus would have to be massive for that trade to happen.

Moving Byram for cap purposes makes zero sense. The cap for the Avs can be easily sorted out as they can send a goalie and a skater down to essentially clear all the space.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40

Moving Byram for cap purposes makes zero sense. The cap for the Avs can be easily sorted out as they can send a goalie and a skater down to essentially clear all the space.
So which skater would the AVs send through the waiver wire? And I also see no reason why the Coyotes would trade a goalie to the AVs since they took one of ours to start the season. Why create a hole in our back up just for another draft pick to the team that put us in this predicament?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don’t think Edmonton burns one of their few good trade chips just to upgrade the backup goaltender. Holland is retiring at the end of the year so Campbell is not his problem.
It’s to upgrade their backup and also to get out of the Campbell deal which is currently burning a ton of capspace despite being parked in the AHL. Most of the value is the Campbell dump.

Vejmelka, Schmaltz and a pick for RyJo, Byram and Prosvetov.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It’s to upgrade their backup and also to get out of the Campbell deal which is currently burning a ton of capspace despite being parked in the AHL. Most of the value is the Campbell dump.

Vejmelka, Schmaltz and a pick for RyJo, Byram and Prosvetov.

Value wise it’s probably fine, but as discussed on the main board there’s no point in trading Byram unless it addresses the 2C hole.

So which skater would the AVs send through the waiver wire? And I also see no reason why the Coyotes would trade a goalie to the AVs since they took one of ours to start the season. Why create a hole in our back up just for another draft pick to the team that put us in this predicament?
There’s a chance that Nichuskin can go on LTIR for the player assistance program. If they don’t go that route they have $465k in cap space, can send down Annunen ($775k, waiver exempt) and MacDermaid ($985k) and include Kiviranta/Jones in the trade or send one of them down too.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Athletic article about being satisfied with the goaltending. He didn’t say a price tag or anything, but I think if someone offered a second rounder it would be difficult to turn down.
Is this recent or? Who wrote it?

Found it…

Reactions: Mosby

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Oilers rumored to be going after Adam henrique....statswise he looks better than Zucker.....but how much of that is due to his icetime/pp time/linemates.

Overpay Oilers or toss a 3rd round pick our way for Zucker

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Oilers rumored to be going after Adam henrique....statswise he looks better than Zucker.....but how much of that is due to his icetime/pp time/linemates.

Overpay Oilers or toss a 3rd round pick our way for Zucker
Well, we already have their 3rd for this year and their 2nd for next season...

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
I don’t think Jason Zucker ever wanted to be a Coyote. He wanted to play close to home and this was the closest he could get to Vegas. Can’t wait until he is gone.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
What’s a good package from LA for Schmaltz and Veggie? Arvidsson out a couple weeks and now looks like Kempe is out long term…

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
What’s a good package from LA for Schmaltz and Veggie? Arvidsson out a couple weeks and now looks like Kempe is out long term…
Unsure, but LA has a few prospects I'd love to acquire - namely Akil Thomas, Chromiak, Dvorak or Spence.

Would love to get Jakob Dvorak from them. Are they ready to sell low on Kaliyev? I’d be glad to add both but expect we’d have to toss in a pick, at least.
Kaliyev would be insane, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they were willing to part with him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It happened fast but Akil Thomas is already 24 and has zero NHL games played. I think they’re hanging onto Spence after they traded Durzi to make room for him.

I’ve seen Kaliyev’s name in a bunch of rumors. But probably for better pieces, I think. So I agree. That seems unlikely.

Turcotte is probably approaching last chance territory, right? Drafted 5 years ago already and still playing only 7mins per night and getting health bombed on his birthday.

Maybe Turcotte and Dvorak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad