Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You mean like BA did with Chych after DVO/garland got traded? That will convince him to want to stay.....

If he has to be convinced to stay, trade him.

I'm sick to f***ing death of the team's future being wrapped up in whether a player might not be full of pansies and puppies with an organizational decision. And that includes Shane F***ing Doan and how he basically sulked his way through the last couple years with the team because they traded Vermette.

Players don't like change, which makes it pretty got dang hard to change the culture of a team if you listen to them about these things.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If he has to be convinced to stay, trade him.

I'm sick to f***ing death of the team's future being wrapped up in whether a player might not be full of pansies and puppies with an organizational decision. And that includes Shane F***ing Doan and how he basically sulked his way through the last couple years with the team because they traded Vermette.

Players don't like change, which makes it pretty got dang hard to change the culture of a team if you listen to them about these things.
The best teams just make trades that work, no F's given about friends and feelings. Vegas and Tampa make whatever move they need to get better.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Wouldn't that be more of an argument to move him (Buggy) for picks/prospects? He's 32 this summer and likely won't be part of the team when we hoist the Cup in 4 yrs.
No. He's a terrific 3rd or 4th line center, solid defensively, ok (which is great for us at this time) at the dot and is locker room gold. We need these kind of unselfish vets to help mold the young talent on its way up.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I think Keller has fire it’s just internal…you can see it in him pretty frequently. I just don’t think he has the social intangibles/charisma or well enough rounded leadership skills for being captain.
It's a good way to distract from a players strengths as well. OEL being named captain was a net negative for him as a player imho.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I learned from Bill Parcells that one can accurately quantify player value. I would have no problem trading Keller for equal value on the D side. IMO that would be a top 10 1LD. I'd love a 1RD but I think that Keller isn't quite worth that much.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
This is what Keller said a year ago

“I would love to wear it, but there’s still another step of leadership that I need to take in order for me to feel comfortable with that,” he said. “To be a good captain, I think you have to take small steps and keep heading in that direction. It’s just such an honor to be captain in this league so it’s not something you can take lightly, and we do have a great leadership group now so I don’t think it’s anything that’s lacking here.”
I still don't like him for the C but +1 to him on these comments.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't recall hearing he wanted to leave because they trade Dvorak & Garland. I thought it was because he wanted to compete?
Chych was a core piece, BA told him they were building the team with young core, Chych wanted to stay. Then he traded DVO/Garland, that is when Chych realized it was going to take a lot longer to complete a rebuild, so he went to BA and asked to be traded. 18 months later he got his wish.

Did BA tell Keller or any young players, we are going to rebuild and if all goes well we will make the playoffs 5 years from now? I bet he didn't say that was the plan, if he did, Keller would have wanted out then.

What did BA tell Murello? Did he say, " if things go well we should be in the playoffs in 5 years for the first time and consistently in the playoffs after that"? Was that the plan? If so we might be right on schedule if we make the playoffs next year.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Chych was a core piece, BA told him they were building the team with young core, Chych wanted to stay. Then he traded DVO/Garland, that is when Chych realized it was going to take a lot longer to complete a rebuild, so he went to BA and asked to be traded. 18 months later he got his wish.

Did BA tell Keller or any young players, we are going to rebuild and if all goes well we will make the playoffs 5 years from now? I bet he didn't say that was the plan, if he did, Keller would have wanted out then.

What did BA tell Murello? Did he say, " if things go well we should be in the playoffs in 5 years for the first time and consistently in the playoffs after that"? Was that the plan? If so we might be right on schedule if we make the playoffs next year.

Oh, ok. I see what you mean.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Chychrun should be a cautionary tale. Ottawa sucks.

When the rumors came out about the possibility of OTT trading him, I got the impression over on the OTT board that they don't appreciate him the way we did. The majority seemed to support trading him at the time because he was redundant on their roster and too one dimensional. Not good enough on D for what they needed. Lots of comments that he simply wasn't the type of player they thought he was.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
So if Dumba and Zucker deals can both get done, I think the play should be to keep Bjugstad. And then other than Schmaltz and maybe Veggie I don’t see any other deals happening unless BA makes a Durzi type move for the future, but I could see that happening more in the offseason.

So who are the most realistic teams that need a Schmaltz type player? EDM, NSH, COL, STL, WSH would probably be the top ones I think…but also could see CAR, NYR, MIN being interested. I don’t think Veggie will get traded but hopefully a playoff team gets desperate and makes too good of an offer. If I was EDM, COL or CAR trying to make a deep run I would definitely want more goalie depth just in case.

Reactions: DustyDangler

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
So if Dumba and Zucker deals can both get done, I think the play should be to keep Bjugstad. And then other than Schmaltz and maybe Veggie I don’t see any other deals happening unless BA makes a Durzi type move for the future, but I could see that happening more in the offseason.

So who are the most realistic teams that need a Schmaltz type player? EDM, NSH, COL, STL, WSH would probably be the top ones I think…but also could see CAR, NYR, MIN being interested. I don’t think Veggie will get traded but hopefully a playoff team gets desperate and makes too good of an offer. If I was EDM, COL or CAR trying to make a deep run I would definitely want more goalie depth just in case.
NSH is interesting for Schmaltz. I’d probably trade him for Lauzon, straight-up.

Reactions: smokeycoyote

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
NSH is interesting for Schmaltz. I’d probably trade him for Lauzon, straight-up.
I could get behind that I think…we just need an influx of capable D, especially with guys like Geekie, Doan, and But coming. It would be cool to see a Schmaltz for Lauzon type swap, then a Durzi type trade but this time for a forward like Berggren, and then sign Truscott this summer. BA can sell him on lots of playing time and opportunity like he did with McBain.

That would be Lauzon + Truscott + Berggren for Schmaltz + a 2nd rounder maybe or whatever it would take to get Berggren. I think we would immediately be a better more well rounded team.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Where is the Nashville rumor coming from?
Not a rumor. Foggy listed some teams he thought made sense. One of them intrigued me.

Are there any actual trade rumors on Coyotes players yet? And for the record rt's 487th trade scenario of the week doesn't count!
Not really. Just that they’re looking to move their expiring UFAs and are happy with draft picks that they can flip later. Per Insider Trading.

EDIT: I see the confusion. I said “interesting” but that’s a weird way to phrase it and it seems like a typo where I meant “interested”. I meant that I thought Nashville made for an interesting potential destination. That’s all. Sorry folks.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Not a rumor. Foggy listed some teams he thought made sense. One of them intrigued me.

Not really. Just that they’re looking to move their expiring UFAs and are happy with draft picks that they can flip later. Per Insider Trading.

EDIT: I see the confusion. I said “interesting” but that’s a weird way to phrase it and it seems like a typo where I meant “interested”. I meant that I thought Nashville made for an interesting potential destination. That’s all. Sorry folks.
I agree that it’s interesting. I think he would like it there, would waive for them, and it’s been reported by multiple people that NSH is looking for more scoring…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad