Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree with this statement BUT we’re unique. The coyotes have lots of issues and Keller has stood by us through all of them. If keeping Schmaltz makes him happy, we should just keep him.

I don't disagree, but if we have to lose Keller, now is the time to do it. Time is still our friend for a little while longer. I wouldn't be afraid to risk it if I were BA.

If Keller gets upset because they traded away the teammate he most clicked with on the ice I'd get it. But I think he'd give it a chance without Schmaltz before wanting out.

If he's upset because they traded his bro and wants out then get him outta here.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I am personally not interested in moving Bjugstad for a 3rd and a so so prospect again. His value as a steady, smart, vet with a great attitude, who chips in offensively, slays in shootouts all at the low price of $2.1 is way higher than what other teams will give for him. I think he is one of the most under rated players in the NHL and is the kind of influence you would want around younger players.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Trade Schmaltz. Army can sit down with Keller and tell him why. Keeping playing him with Cooley and the Guenther. Name him captain.
Agree with except the captaincy. If it was him it would have been done already. He’s a nice alternate but the future captain is going to be Cooley or honestly I could even see them waiting and having it be Doan again eventually because he just has that personality

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Keller doesn't seem to have the "fire" or "spark" I like in C. Cooley looks like he's got it. Way too soon to give it to him tho.
I think Keller has fire it’s just internal…you can see it in him pretty frequently. I just don’t think he has the social intangibles/charisma or well enough rounded leadership skills for being captain.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think Keller has fire it’s just internal…you can see it in him pretty frequently. I just don’t think he has the social intangibles/charisma or well enough rounded leadership skills for being captain.

I'm sure he does. But with Cooley I can see it and in Keller I sense it, but it's not as visible (don't know how to put it into words really.) Whatever it is, I think the players need to see it too. But hey, I could be totally full of shit and seeing things haha!

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I'm sure he does. But with Cooley I can see it and in Keller I sense it, but it's not as visible (don't know how to put it into words really.) Whatever it is, I think the players need to see it too. But hey, I could be totally full of shit and seeing things haha!
No I know what you mean, I agree. I just know I hear people say all the time that you can be a quiet leader, and I think that’s true in some cases, especially for alternate captains…but I really don’t think the captain can be a “quiet leader.” Not really sure where Cooley is at on that spectrum yet, he’s obviously really young but we’ll see how he evolves in another couple years

Last edited:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Personally could see Guenther as captain. These last few games hes winning all his battles, finishing checks and keeping offensive pressure while also playing a very solid defensive game

Maybe. He seems to be the quiet type, not sure if that should count against him though. If he can light a fire in his own way, why not.

Edit: But like @Foggy1097 said, I prefer vocal. Someone that will call out teammates a bit when their not doing their part. I worry if Guenther would speak up or not.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Kesselring, sure, but Cooley and Guenther are currently playing too well to merit going down to the farm.
I don't know how it works to have the minimum qualifications for being on a roster for the Calder Playoffs. But I do believe they all should be on it for the playoffs! It would be better than having an early vacation again.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
This is what Keller said a year ago

“I would love to wear it, but there’s still another step of leadership that I need to take in order for me to feel comfortable with that,” he said. “To be a good captain, I think you have to take small steps and keep heading in that direction. It’s just such an honor to be captain in this league so it’s not something you can take lightly, and we do have a great leadership group now so I don’t think it’s anything that’s lacking here.”

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
This is what Keller said a year ago

“I would love to wear it, but there’s still another step of leadership that I need to take in order for me to feel comfortable with that,” he said. “To be a good captain, I think you have to take small steps and keep heading in that direction. It’s just such an honor to be captain in this league so it’s not something you can take lightly, and we do have a great leadership group now so I don’t think it’s anything that’s lacking here.”
Yeah, nice…I think he’s capable at some point. Still a young guy and still growing

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Trade Schmaltz. Army can sit down with Keller and tell him why. Keeping playing him with Cooley and the Guenther. Name him captain.
You mean like BA did with Chych after DVO/garland got traded? That will convince him to want to stay.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad