Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I hope we walk from Stecher. Also leaning toward dumping Valimaki too.

How are we looking up front?

Keller - Hayton - XYZ
Maccelli - Cooley - Guenther
Crouse - Kerfoot - XYZ
XYZ - McBain - XYZ

Maybe Schmaltz (if he will go to Calgary) and picks for Hanifin is the play after all. So in two years you’re looking at:

Hanifin - Durzi
Simashev - Lamoureux
Moser - Soderstrom

You can see the BA vision long term, unfortunately we just have to wait.
Why do you guys keep putting Hayton on the first line. Have you seen how Keller has looked with Cooley and Guenther. That has to be our first line going forward. I doubt very much Hanifin is coming here in a trade.

I think that we keep Bugs. He's more valuable than Kerfoot at this point.
In my opinion Kerfoot is very valuable. He can play all over the line up at any position and doesn't look out of place.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Schmaltz had a NTC so I’m not sure he’s going to waive to go there. Also not sure Hanifin would sign with Arizona before he tests the market.
Yeah, I’ve given up on Hanifin. I think he’s going to get traded as a rental, and hopefully we have the arena stuff sorted out and a top 3 pick by the offseason and we can lure Hanifin here as a free agent. That’s the only way they’re going to get him I think. I want to see a Schmaltz deal, I think it’s worth it to get more assets for Bjugs again, Zucker and Dumba can go if there’s anything worthwhile in return, and I want Berggren from DET.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Veggie + Schmaltz for Campbell + EDM 1st + Broberg

How’s the value on that? Kind of exactly what EDM is looking for right now and I think adding a 1st and Broberg would be nice. We take the Campbell dump and let Schwab work with him to go with Ingram for now. They get another decent goalie and secondary scoring for their playoff run…
thats a horrible trade - veg is decent backup G, schmaltz is a good middle 6 (not 1st line) for campbell w awful contract + late 1st (not that much better than all the 2nds have) and a B prospect (that cant see is upgrade over soda, koly, szuber, duda etc)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
thats a horrible trade - veg is decent backup G, schmaltz is a good middle 6 (not 1st line) for campbell w awful contract + late 1st (not that much better than all the 2nds have) and a B prospect (that cant see is upgrade over soda, koly, szuber, duda etc)
Why would Edmonton do that? What about the cap? They have their backup in Pickard. I think it is bad for both teams.:laugh:

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
I wonder if the plan is to move Bjugstad again and that’s why we claimed Ruzicka. I’d rather keep Bjug but I can understand why Armstrong would be tempted to cash in again for another second or third rounder. And then once Bjug is moved, Ruzicka eats his minutes at centre for the balance of the season.
how many 2nd/3rd picks does the team need, trading bjug - sure he is not in the long term plans but solid middle 6C for now (when dont have anyone ready to take over), trading to get just more and more 2/3 picks only sets back any chance of improving. im all for moving guys not in the plans when they are taking icetime from young guy ready - guenther was ready but there is no C close to ready that bjug is blocking.

Moser Durzi
XYZ Kesselring
Valimaki Soderstom
Kolyachonok

If we let all the UFAs walk and keep all the RFAs then our squad looks pretty similar.

I wouldn't be surprised if we extend Stecher and waive and lose Kolyachonok.

Soderstom isn't waiver fodder but his trade value isn't great, so I figure he has to be on the roster.
i see stecher being resigned (has best +/- of D) and while not flashy is steady Dman

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Wonder who else we can target for a Schmaltz trade. Who is willing to give up a D prospect for some solid secondary scoring? I assume we’d have to retain salary and/or take a contract back in any deal.

Would CAR give up Scott Morrow? EDM Broberg? Someone from NYR or STL? Those seem like the most likely teams to me but who knows… I don’t know why anyone is that excited about Soderstrom, Koly, Szuber at this point. I want an NHL ready or close to it D back for Schmaltz. Maybe they can sign Truscott too.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
A cup contender will be the highest bidder for Hanifin.

Hopefully a cup contender without enough cap space to extend him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Why would Washington do that deal?
Their top six scoring is a mess. Every dude on their skews heavily to goals over assists. Their overall GF is in the tank. They desperately need a possession playmaker. Especially one that can skate. Too many plodding goal first types.

Meanwhile their overall GA and team D is solid.

Schmaltz is young enough to fit in with their core and would likely enjoy an uptick in production given the weapons around him that would all thrive on his specific skillset.

But Fever is 4yrs younger. And his cap hit is a couple million lower. He is currently 4th in TOI/GP on their blueline and 2nd PK unit. No PP. So he’s important but doesn’t seem to be foundational.

Reactions: Kaizen

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
and Dermott
Don’t think anyone would want him. Love to send him to Tucson.

Their top six scoring is a mess. Every dude on their skews heavily to goals over assists. Their overall GF is in the tank. They desperately need a possession playmaker. Especially one that can skate. Too many plodding goal first types.

Meanwhile their overall GA and team D is solid.

Schmaltz is young enough to fit in with their core and would likely enjoy an uptick in production given the weapons around him that would all thrive on his specific skillset.

But Fever is 4yrs younger. And his cap hit is a couple million lower. He is currently 4th in TOI/GP on their blueline and 2nd PK unit. No PP. So he’s important but doesn’t seem to be foundational.
Adding to this:

Their top scorers are Ovie who’s got nobody to feed him pucks, Strome with 20g 16a, Mantha 17g 11a, and Wilson 12g 9a.

All big lumbering goal scoring types. Not dudes who transport the puck, control zone entries, and distribute with skill and speed.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad