Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Nothing really different from here on out for me, maybe more D prospects. In theory we have Hayton/Cooley/Geekie, maybe our C solution just takes time, might be a 1C in there. I don't see anyone on the roster or in the minors that can be a 1D, I would like to see BA solve that problem somehow.
Same

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
We have been through so many rebuilds. Twice we were ranked top 3 by hockey news for top prospects. Last time I believe was Strome draft year. Developing and growing a team is the challenge. Easy to keep year after year selling players for picks if you don't have the fans to hold the team accountable. Sure BA have, three more years of phase one or two. Hell you a good guy make it 4. We love the draft, most exciting thing in hockey. Playoffs are over rated. In 4 more years we can be above meaningful games.

How many more seasons are we ok with tanking? It's not the owner BA should be concern about it should be the fans.
What does some defunct ownership group and their management team with 100% turnover have to do with anything that’s going on today? Your logic makes no sense to me. It just sounds like whining and complaining at this point. I’ll try not to respond again. I don’t think we’re going to reach a point where I understand where you are coming from in any of this.

I'm not picking on you, I value your opinion. :)

This is about the time Chayka thought his rebuild (about 4 years in) was far along enough to trade away a 1st, 3rd, and three prospects away for Taylor Hall. Kevin Bahl sure would be a nice player to still have along with whoever we would have taken with that 1st rounder he gave away.

I also think about how in the past Don Maloney and/or John Chayka and a TV set made up the majority of our "Scouting Dept." So it's kind of hard for me to compare anything done in the past to what they're doing now.

What is it that you would like to see them do differently, since you don't approve of what they're doing/have done? What do you think would speed things up without hurting the long term goal?

Edit: What about you @cobra427? What do you want done differently from here on out?
I completely agree with you, however.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Nothing really different from here on out for me, maybe more D prospects. In theory we have Hayton/Cooley/Geekie, maybe our C solution just takes time, might be a 1C in there. I don't see anyone on the roster or in the minors that can be a 1D, I would like to see BA solve that problem somehow.
Agree. I like Simashev a lot and I think he as the potential to be that ideal #2 - solid rock, perfect compliment to a legit #1 guy. I think Levshunov and Silayev might maybe have that potential. Parekh is a darkhorse. I freaking love Yakemchuk but I’m not sure he’s got that potential, honestly. I still have him ahead of Parekh but I don’t know that he’s got true blue #1 potential.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Veggie + Schmaltz for Campbell + EDM 1st + Broberg

How’s the value on that? Kind of exactly what EDM is looking for right now and I think adding a 1st and Broberg would be nice. We take the Campbell dump and let Schwab work with him to go with Ingram for now. They get another decent goalie and secondary scoring for their playoff run…

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021

How’s the value on that? Kind of exactly what EDM is looking for right now and I think adding a 1st and Broberg would be nice. We take the Campbell dump and let Schwab work with him to go with Ingram for now. They get another decent goalie and secondary scoring for their playoff run…
If we’re taking Campbell it needs to be painful for them. I don’t think that’s painful enough.

Reactions: Kaizen

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Oilers have almost no Cap space and you want to give them over $5 million in Cap Hit. I can't see a playoff team getting that excited about Schmaltz, he has proven nothing in playoffs and carries a decent Cap hit with increasing salary.

Reactions: Jakey53

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Oilers have almost no Cap space and you want to give them over $5 million in Cap Hit. I can't see a playoff team getting that excited about Schmaltz, he has proven nothing in playoffs and carries a decent Cap hit with increasing salary.
They would probably retain some salary on Schmaltz I’m assuming. I think they could make it work…maybe EDM would have to sweeten it a bit more but they could probably make it work. If you go look at their top two lines, Schmaltz would look pretty good on either one of them. Leon-McD-Schmaltz? Kind of frightening. Or put Hyman with them and do Kane-Nuge-Schmaltz. They need the extra depth scoring for playoffs.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I’ll try not to respond again. I don’t think we’re going to reach a point where I understand where you are coming from in any of this.
I "tried" to add humor. Don't think it went over well. The challenge is with a rebuild / retool you have a 3 to max 5 years to show success. If not the product becomes irrelevant to the consumer or fans. We have had so many saviors ownership/ gm that have tried the same playbook.

Only thing different with BA is he's going to drag this out too long. Will lose a majority of the remaining sponsorship and fan base. You can say he's hiring a great scouting department. Our last GM was the god of analytics. Lots of hype about him and our draft picks too.

With everything that's going on with our Yotes we are running out of time. The area is giving up on the team, the players are giving up on the rebuild because the end is not in sight. I personally believe am losing faith in BA because of the lack of SMART goals and plans. Would love it if he shared more to get the fans engaged.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Where would Veggie play? I think Edmonton would like to shore up their D, but even if they want secondary scoring they won't give up that package for Schmaltz.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Chayka traded away most of our first round draft picks...and besides Maccelli, and supposedly he selected Garland, but outside of those guys, I wouldn't say Chayka has had draft success.

I agree that BA is taking too long in building a solid roster...if he doesn't seriously address the lack of quality Dmen this off season, then I'm gonna be pissed. I fully expected last years and this years teams to be crap, this year was looking ok w/Stecher in the lineup, but do the math on when he went out and the whole team went to shit, because we lost probably our 2nd best defensemen.

I like how he's constructing the team, but serious upgrades to defense are needed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I "tried" to add humor. Don't think it went over well. The challenge is with a rebuild / retool you have a 3 to max 5 years to show success. If not the product becomes irrelevant to the consumer or fans. We have had so many saviors ownership/ gm that have tried the same playbook.

Only thing different with BA is he's going to drag this out too long. Will lose a majority of the remaining sponsorship and fan base. You can say he's hiring a great scouting department. Our last GM was the god of analytics. Lots of hype about him and our draft picks too.

With everything that's going on with our Yotes we are running out of time. The area is giving up on the team, the players are giving up on the rebuild because the end is not in sight. I personally believe am losing faith in BA because of the lack of SMART goals and plans. Would love it if he shared more to get the fans engaged.
What did BA say, something like 7 or eight years. That never made sense to me. Three years you should start to see success, and by year five you better be in the playoffs or you may as well start over. Look at Ottawa, they are like one or two years ahead of us, so out goes the coach and GM. Buffalo can't be happy as well. The well run organizations have stability and always seem to be there at playoffs. We have to give BA more time, we have no other choice, but starting next year I don't want to hear about "meaningful games," I want to hear "playoffs." I'm expecting playoffs next year, or at the very least fighting for that last wild card until the end.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chayka traded away most of our first round draft picks...and besides Maccelli, and supposedly he selected Garland, but outside of those guys, I wouldn't say Chayka has had draft success.

I agree that BA is taking too long in building a solid roster...if he doesn't seriously address the lack of quality Dmen this off season, then I'm gonna be pissed. I fully expected last years and this years teams to be crap, this year was looking ok w/Stecher in the lineup, but do the math on when he went out and the whole team went to shit, because we lost probably our 2nd best defensemen.

I like how he's constructing the team, but serious upgrades to defense are needed.
Chychrun and Keller I believe as well. BA knew our D would suck, like most of us did, but BA thought with Dumba and Dermott we had a chance to be somewhat respectable on the backend. It didn't work. Most of our D are UFA's, thank god for that, so BA has to address that position.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Chychrun and Keller I believe as well. BA knew our D would suck, like most of us did, but BA thought with Dumba and Dermott we had a chance to be somewhat respectable on the backend. It didn't work. Most of our D are UFA's, thank god for that, so BA has to address that position.
Wild that he needs to fill four defensive spots this offseason.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
I wonder if the plan is to move Bjugstad again and that’s why we claimed Ruzicka. I’d rather keep Bjug but I can understand why Armstrong would be tempted to cash in again for another second or third rounder. And then once Bjug is moved, Ruzicka eats his minutes at centre for the balance of the season.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Moser Durzi
XYZ Kesselring
Valimaki Soderstom
Kolyachonok

If we let all the UFAs walk and keep all the RFAs then our squad looks pretty similar.

I wouldn't be surprised if we extend Stecher and waive and lose Kolyachonok.

Soderstom isn't waiver fodder but his trade value isn't great, so I figure he has to be on the roster.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
Moser Durzi
XYZ Kesselring
Valimaki Soderstom
Kolyachonok

If we let all the UFAs walk and keep all the RFAs then our squad looks pretty similar.

Soderstom isn't waiver fodder but his trade value isn't great, so I figure he has to be on the roster.

I hope we walk from Stecher. Also leaning toward dumping Valimaki too.

How are we looking up front?

Keller - Hayton - XYZ
Maccelli - Cooley - Guenther
Crouse - Kerfoot - XYZ
XYZ - McBain - XYZ

Maybe Schmaltz (if he will go to Calgary) and picks for Hanifin is the play after all. So in two years you’re looking at:

Hanifin - Durzi
Simashev - Lamoureux
Moser - Soderstrom

You can see the BA vision long term, unfortunately we just have to wait.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021

Keller - Hayton - XYZ
Crouse - Kerfoot - XYZ
XYZ - McBain - XYZ

Maybe Schmaltz (if he will go to Calgary) and picks for Hanifin is the play after all. So in two years you’re looking at:

Hanifin - Durzi
Simashev - Lamoureux
Moser - Soderstrom

You can see the BA vision long term, unfortunately we just have to wait.
Yep all this will be great in Utah. 😢

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that we keep Bugs. He's more valuable than Kerfoot at this point.

Keller - Hayton - XYZ
Crouse - Kerfoot - XYZ
XYZ - McBain - XYZ

Hanifin - Durzi
Simashev - Lamoureux
Moser - Soderstrom

You can see the BA vision long term, unfortunately we just have

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wonder if the plan is to move Bjugstad again and that’s why we claimed Ruzicka. I’d rather keep Bjug but I can understand why Armstrong would be tempted to cash in again for another second or third rounder. And then once Bjug is moved, Ruzicka eats his minutes at centre for the balance of the season.
Besides Cooley, our C's suck. Bjugstad is a a third line C, but still the best after Cooley and is on a expiring contract next year, is a vet that can still play, so I would rather keep him then get a second rounder. What I have seen of Ruzicka, he can go pound sand.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Moser Durzi
XYZ Kesselring
Valimaki Soderstom
Kolyachonok

Why isn't Soderstrom in the lineup today. Let's see if he is a NHL player. Same goes for Koly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad