Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Seems to me that, as miserable as it is for us, the rebuild continues on track. BA told us that he wanted [only] to see meaningful games this season. Goal accomplished. We were vying for a playoff position past Thanksgiving. Next year I assume that the goal is playoff contention.

We should be selling at the TDL if only to make room for Doan, Soda, and maybe one or two other Tucson players.

When is the earliest we could see But and Simashev in NA?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Keller could very well start looking for greener grass. Who could blame him ?

Not much green grass in the desert. ;)

I think he wants to stay and see through this rebuild. I'll give him 2 more seasons before he wants to bail.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
If we took Kapanen and Scandella as dumps from St Louis, would they give us a 1st for Schmaltz? They could use the offensive pop for their push and he’s a good midwestern boy. They had three 1sts last draft and have two 2nds and two 3rds this draft. He fits their core age range and has a little term left on his deal. Kapanen and Scandella re way over priced and aren’t much good anymore but both are on expiring contracts. They’ll help us keep Tucson stocked by giving us less need for callups as we sell off Zucker and Dumba, too.

If Monahan can get a 1st, do we have a hope?
Not sure we want to send Keller’s linemate to Keller’s favorite team. Just pushing him closer to demanding a trade to the Blues.

Reactions: Llewzaher

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

When is the earliest we could see But and Simashev in NA?
they’ll be here after next season

Not sure we want to send Keller’s linemate to Keller’s favorite team. Just pushing him closer to demanding a trade to the Blues.
Blues could put together a compelling package for Keller. One that would be especially appealing to Cooley if it includes Saad and Snuggerud. :)

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
cleanhitshockey.com
I’m actually impressed that Keller is about as productive as last season despite his two most useful line mates missing significant time and, as well for Schmaltz, continuing to battle consistency issues. Keller can only do so much himself.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’m actually impressed that Keller is about as productive as last season despite his two most useful line mates missing significant time and, as well for Schmaltz, continuing to battle consistency issues. Keller can only do so much himself.
He’s probably the best draft pick in coyotes history. Keller is a very impressive player.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
they’ll be here after next season

Blues could put together a compelling package for Keller. One that would be especially appealing to Cooley if it includes Saad and Snuggerud. :)
@rt, what would you ask from the Jets for Keller?

Aim for the Jets is to upgrade the offense...so they are not going to trade any of the top guys (I would offer Ehlers ++ though Ehler's has a 10 team NTC).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Aim for the Jets is to upgrade the offense...so they are not going to trade any of the top guys (I would offer Ehlers ++ though Ehler's has a 10 team NTC).
Keller isn’t going to waive for Winnipeg but i would ask for McGroaty, Barlow, +++

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I suspect Keller wouldn’t waive to go to WPG.

Keller isn’t going to waive for Winnipeg but i would ask for McGroaty, Barlow, +++
How about the ultimate placate package? Neighbours+Snuggerud+Saad. Cooley gets his long time liney in Snuggerud and a Pittsburgh native in Saad. Guenther gets his longtime liney in Neighbours.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Keller is a top 40 player...we don't need less of these guys, we need more of them
We need guys who can make up for Keller's shortcomings in leadership and compete level. Keller has elite offensive skills but he does not galvanize a team. He's a player who can push you to the top of the mountain, but you need a core that can attack the peak and set up the camps that get you to the point where you can make a summit attempt.

We had that mixture exactly once in the time I've been a fan of this team, in 2012. We haven't since, and we certainly don't have it now.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
We need guys who can make up for Keller's shortcomings in leadership and compete level. Keller has elite offensive skills but he does not galvanize a team. He's a player who can push you to the top of the mountain, but you need a core that can attack the peak and set up the camps that get you to the point where you can make a summit attempt.

We had that mixture exactly once in the time I've been a fan of this team, in 2012. We haven't since, and we certainly don't have it now.
We better win the 1st overall pick

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
We better win the 1st overall pick
Yeah I know managements idea for leadership and the captaincy was to wait it out and let a leader emerge but I don’t think the next captain is on the team yet. Let’s get a mini-yzerman/toews type in Celebrini to groom into that role.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I checked capfriendly and it does not show Keller with any trade protection.

Not that I want the Coyotes to trade him. Just if he does want out so he can experience playoffs in his career I would love for the Jets to get him.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I checked capfriendly and it does not show Keller with any trade protection.

Not that I want the Coyotes to trade him. Just if he does want out so he can experience playoffs in his career I would love for the Jets to get him.
Accurate at the moment - NTC kicks in next year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Keller is close to a ppg player, not many of those around and Keller doesn't lack compete level, how could he at his level of production. Not sure how any of us can assess his leadership abilities either. Unless he is part of a package for a young top pairing D or 1C, we should probably keep him.

The team lacks talent at key positions C/D and it catches up with us at this time of year, period. Our projections for points were high 70s based on Vegas odds, we are right on track to where we should be.

All we need to do next year is get 20 more points to make the playoffs in year 5 of the rebuild, and this is why BA wasting the first year "evaluating" and not make other changes soon enough, makes this so painful and long.

Reactions: Grimes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We are missing many tangible and nontangible pieces on this team compared to the 2012 team. Will we get there? Remains to be seen.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keller is close to a ppg player, not many of those around and Keller doesn't lack compete level, how could he at his level of production. Not sure how any of us can assess his leadership abilities either. Unless he is part of a package for a young top pairing D or 1C, we should probably keep him.

The team lacks talent at key positions C/D and it catches up with us at this time of year, period. Our projections for points were high 70s based on Vegas odds, we are right on track to where we should be.

All we need to do next year is get 20 more points to make the playoffs in year 5 of the rebuild, and this is why BA wasting the first year "evaluating" and not make other changes soon enough, makes this so painful and long.
We won't have an increase of 20 pts. next. Hell, we can't even make it 10 pt. increase over last year unless we get hot. That's not acceptable in my eyes. I just hope that BA stops with these one year stop gap guys. We have enough kids in the minors that should be playing on the big club so they can be evaluated to see if they have the talent to play in the NHL. If not move on. I guess the thinking was that these stop gap vets would help us play meaningful games this time of year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad