Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I wouldn't expect to have to give up Sandin/Liljegren/Roberston for Hall, nor a first... a second and a B prospect.. sure... (unless Ullmark comes too)

BTW... Noting, Hall is 0.87PPG career, Kessel is 0.80PPG career... so, no, Kessel hasn't been more productive per game..

kessel plays full seasons, you cant rely on Hall to stay healthy ...he played 82 games one time in his career and averages 60 games/season.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
kessel plays full seasons, you cant rely on Hall to stay healthy ...he played 82 games one time in his career and averages 60 games/season.

Yes, Kessel plays full seasons. We aren't signing Hall long-term, we need him to be good for about 12-13 regular season games, and 16 playoff wins.

I'm an Ulmark fan, but, giving up anything for that pair is just throwing away assets.

Ulmark is a UFA and if signed will be exposed (i'm a fan of signing him as a UFA, not trading for him)
if we get Hall for even a 2nd and a 5th, or a middling prospect that i could swallow, but, talk on the trade board of Buff fans expecting a return of a 1st and Robertson or Sandin/lili plus are insane ...even our 1st should be 100% off the table for Hall, as should any of our 'top' prospects (Sandin/Amirov/Lili/Robertson etc).

You sign Ullmark after the expansion draft. The Buffalo fans are straight up insane. I saw things like a 1st and Amirov/Sandin for Ullmark alone. In the end, Buffalo, nor Toronto fans will be involved in the decision making for which assets move... all we can do is judge it after, and what the results were. I wouldn't expect to give up major premium assets, for one piece, or the other... maybe a first if it's both and there is major retention.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Well hockeybuzz is reporting (I know, grain of salt)...

"The deal is still "evolving" per sources, but is based around...The Islanders sending a first round pick, Bellows, Komarov and a possible prospect for Palmieri with the Devils retaining 50% salary..."

Wow 1st round pick, hope not, that will set prices everywhere else. Seems high to me...

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

"The deal is still "evolving" per sources, but is based around...The Islanders sending a first round pick, Bellows, Komarov and a possible prospect for Palmieri with the Devils retaining 50% salary..."

Wow 1st round pick, hope not, that will set prices everywhere else. Seems high to me...
A 1st and Bellows seems like a lot to me...the Devils retaining 50% PLUS taking Leo back as more cap space seems unrealistic. I feel like it'd be either retaining or a cap dump, not both. Also doubt they add another prospect on top of Bellows.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
A 1st and Bellows seems like a lot to me...the Devils retaining 50% PLUS taking Leo back as more cap space seems unrealistic. I feel like it'd be either retaining or a cap dump, not both. Also doubt they add another prospect on top of Bellows.

I agree. I meant to add the additional sentence to the above from the same article...

"The Bruins have also discussed sending a first and Bjork as part of a deal..."

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
yeah bro I hate getting good players thank god you’re here for me

I’m referring to the constant obsession over acquiring an average player
Weegar is an excellent player and one of the biggest reasons the Panthers are so good this year. He would have been an amazing pick up for the Leafs, especially for the rumored asking price

Reactions: LeafSteel

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Lou's gonna drive the prices up.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Lou paid a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Pageau.

He paid 2nd round picks for 4th line centers in Boyle and Plekanec

No doubt in my mind he would offer a 1st plus good prospect (or more!) For Palmieri.

Hes that out of touch with trade value

Reactions: zeke and stickty111

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Weegar is an excellent player and one of the biggest reasons the Panthers are so good this year. He would have been an amazing pick up for the Leafs, especially for the rumored asking price

I'd much rather target a good and physical and controllable defender, and then just go 4/4/1 for the expansion.
as long as the player is an upgrade on Holl/Dermott/Bogo i'd be willing to expose them to protect the better incoming defender, as i think that is still our greatest need. but, cant think of any like that available.
Oleksiak/Savard at a decent price would be pretty good. even if we had to re-jig our defense
Reilly - Oleksiak/Savard
Brodie - Holl
Muzzin - Bogo
or
Reilly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Oleksiak/Savard

depending on if you want mobility or toughness/size

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
this is a proven winner...

Since Hall enters league in 2010 his team 1st round pick and team standing:
2011 1st (finished last)
2012 1st (finished 2nd last)
2013 7th (finished 7th last)
2014 3rd (finished 3rd last)
2015 1st (finished last)
2016 4th (finished 2nd last)
2017 1st (finished 4th last)
2018 17th (Hall's 1st playoffs, team finished 15th overall)
2019 1st (finished 3rd last)
2020 split (Devils finished 6th last)
Good, he’s motivated to prove he can win.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Value asides, I'm not shocked to see Lou selling a lot of future to win now. That team has a lot of players close to the end of their prime.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Value asides, I'm not shocked to see Lou selling a lot of future to win now. That team has a lot of players close to the end of their prime.
In all fairness what does Lou have to lose? It's his last gig. It's on the Islanders for not knowing that alienating his top players and giving away draft picks like candy was his schtick.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I mean the man gave up 2nd rounders for Boyle and plekanec.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
If Dubas can add Hall and Oleksiak, I'd consider it a pretty successful deadline

stick to Dallas and try to steal Oettinger and also Comeau as a depth winger ...Oettinger would likely need a decent piece coming back, but, he may be worth it, and is draft exempt

...or go totally nuts and try to trade Nylander and Kerfoot for Benn in the deal, and do an old school blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad