GDT: Trade Deadline Day 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Oduya and Hainsey are the same or near equal to Beauch/Tyutin. Iginla should get something, Steve Ott got a 6th, even Desharnais got something.

I have a hard time believing nobody called Sakic about our players. He's just playing hardball with the wrong ones, and teams simply move on to a similar caliber player.

Hainsey is vastly underrated, he's pretty good player. Oduya is at a similiar level to Tyutin, I agree, and he fetched a 4th rounder. If Portzline is credible then Tyutin might be moved before the deadline, and that's a similiar return I expect him to get. Ott fetched a 6th rounder in 2018 - that's basically nothing - and teams always seem to like him. If that's what he gets then, as I said, Mitchell gets something like a 7th or nothing at all. DD gets a bad rap, but he's a pending UFA, he hit 30 points in 65 games last year, 48 the year before that. He's at like a Soderberg level this year, except without the multi-year contract. Beauchemin is garbage with a bad contract that has to be protected.

The only rental on the Avs I'll be upset Sakic doesn't get a return for is Tyutin. The rest of the pending UFA's are garbage that are waiver fodder. The lot of them. This is a historically bad club and they our garbage here already. I'm holding out hope that maybe Grigorenko or Colborne gets an offer, though Colborne's extra year might turn a few clubs off.

I'm not a Sakic defender, I lambasted the guy for what he pulled at the deadline last year when half of this board seemed to defend it, but I think some people have gotten their hopes up too high for what the trash heap on the trash heap team can get. There are so many other free agents out there still that look so, so much more tempting. Guys like Vanek and Kulikov. Sakic put Mitchell on waivers, Gelinas on waivers - twice - and nobody bit. He wasn't overselling them, he couldn't ****ing give them away for free when he tried.

Last edited:

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
If Sakic doesn't make a move tomorrow, he needs to go, like the day right after the season ends. Heck, everyone needs to go, McFarland, Billington, pro/amateur scouts, coaches/assistants, trainers/stick boys/concession venders/ice girls .... Everyone

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know what'd be more funny:

Sakic not being able to make a single trade by the deadline tomorrow, or Dorion telling Senators fans his team is in "win now" mode after acquiring Viktor Stalberg and Alex Burrows lol

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If Sakic doesn't make a move tomorrow, he needs to go, like the day right after the season ends. Heck, everyone needs to go, McFarland, Billington, pro/amateur scouts, coaches/assistants, trainers/stick boys/concession venders/ice girls .... Everyone

Whoa what'd the ice girls do to you!

viach

Aug 5, 2007
I feel so bad for the TSN guys. At least Sportsnet is doing 10-3. TSN is doing 8-5 straight. 9 hours of probably nothing.

Totally agree.

Since a long time I read trade talk around Avs and at this time NOTHING !!!! :rant::rant::rant:
So frustrating !!!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How do you give up Goldobin and potentially a 1st rounder for Jannik friggin Hansen?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
How do you give up Goldobin and potentially a 1st rounder for Jannik friggin Hansen?

If they win nobody cares what they gave up, I suppose. A sweetener that got the deal done for Vancouver and will have absolutely zero backlash for Wilson if the condition is met.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Wilson knows about this guy Goldobin more than anyone on this site... he probably doesn't rate him that highly. That "1st" rounder is the best case scenario for the Sharks, he along with the rest of Shark nation will jump for joy if they ever end up giving that pick away.

Dame slow day eh? hahah

Avs44

May 16, 2011
And Hansen is the piece that's going to put them over the top?

Is there any one realistic piece that definitively puts a club over the top, though? I mean, the Caps added Shattenkirk, which is nice, but in the end the questions about whether the Caps can get it done in the playoffs didn't change a bit. The Sharks made the finals last year...I suppose they figured adding some scoring depth boosts their chances. They obviously are all in now, and why not? Burns is playing out of his mind right now - may as well go for it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And Hansen is the piece that's going to put them over the top?

That Goldobin is gonna mortgage their future? In the playoffs, a lot of times it's the unknown that comes with the big play think Talbot in 09. Whether Hansen actually play a role in the Sharks run... I'd rather have him going for a cup than a prospect that may or may not be a top 6 forward for me in a few years.

Sharks are in dire need of a cup...not tomorrow but yesterday.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pretty sure San Jose fans will be dancing in the streets of that happens.

If they win it won't be because of Jannik hansen unless he dives on the ice to save some empty net goal in a game 7.

He's got 7 goals in 64 playoff games. Before last year his highest regular season total was 16.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This just pushes the Labanc's/Haley's/Goodrow's of the world down the depth chart. I see nothing wrong with this move from the Sharks' perspective. Yeah, I thought the initial asking price from the Canucks when reported by Ferraro of a top prospect + 1st was insane but I guess they *technically* got it.

Hansen is a good player. Real good two way guy. Kills penalties very well. The fact that he can potentially put up 30+ points is an added bonus. He's a solid 3rd line forward.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I bet we only see Tyutin and Bourque as the Avs only moves.

I think we are hoping Iggy, Mitchell, Colborne get moved but we all really know they aren't NHL level players. Although Ott was moved so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad