GDT: Trade Deadline Day 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Last prediction before catching some sleep...

Duchene will be heavily rumoured to MTL all night/morning, then traded to Nashville at noon ET.

Also whether it be here or Twitter when I first see the headline Duchene traded, heart will sink no matter what!

I like that.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I guess I still want Landy here. No one can really replace what he does.

There are just things that worry me with him...his body breaking down, bad penalties, disappearing a lot. He does good too obviously (physical, best defensive forward here) but I just have a nagging feeling he will hurt more than help 3-4 years down the line and then he really won't have any value. Where as with Duchene he is good enough defensively, can play RW, will still be able to score down the line and won't break down so much physically. I also think Patrick can take over defensively if we get him.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
The problem with the Isles package is that it puts us back into the same situation in a few years. It's basically a forward for a futures forward trade. Hamonic is solid but
We need a futures D man in the trade for Duchene.

Just as the core is coming into it's zenith, Hamonic is theory will be at the age you want to move him or let him walk in FA.

I'd rather have Sergachev + unless they are taking a D man with their #1-#4 pick. Then the Isles package makes the most sense.

Yeah if they end up with Serg and another 1st, it would make drafting a fwd palatable and actually necessary ...pretty much have to go with any of the 3 fwds
then with the other first you could pick up another D man...one hopes.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
BY the looks of those quotes one could interpret it that DUchene doesn't want to leave.

I doubt he would. He's built a life in Denver with the expectation of staying here for good. I mean playing for the Avs was his dream from a young age. No wonder all the trade rumors and horrific season finally got to him this past month+

I think you have to move on from Duchene but I can't help but be bummed for the guy. I hope he has success wherever he goes.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yeah if they end up with Serg and another 1st, it would make drafting a fwd palatable and actually necessary ...pretty much have to go with any of the 3 fwds
then with the other first you could pick up another D man...one hopes.

If Ottawa would give up Chabot or Carolina Hanifin then it would solve many issues, MTL's overall package may not be as sexy with the pieces but the top player coming back might fit us best.

Nashville would be a great fit as well is they give up Ekholm and Fabbro+.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So both teams I thought might go for Iginla made trades for forwards tonight. This could be a good pickup for the Sharks.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hansen's a pretty good player, really nice middle 6 option for the Sharks. Gives them some speed too.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Iginla has nothing to offer anymore even to a cup contender, and I doubt anyone is gonna trade for him just for feeling sorry for the guy who doesn't have a cup. You'll never know, but i don't think he'll go anywhere

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I actually like that return for Vancouver. Works well for both clubs, I think. Vancouver has added two pretty decent prospects this deadline that have shots at being decent/good NHL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad