Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
1709913163354.gif

1709913191863.gif

1709913286185.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

... personne. For the life of me I don't know why anyone would want Pearson. And while first for Savard is nice, I don't see any takers. Savard is ok as second pairing dman. He should stay... why trade him? His contract is decent and his play is not horrible.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think it's basically the Habs asking for someone to knock their socks off.

I dont think the Habs are in a rush to move a veteran dman considering they are already short on experience at defense at the moment.

Next year might be better timing when that guhle crop are well into their 3rd season on the league.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
So KK went from 3rd OA, to 3C in Montreal, to 3C in Carolina with attempts to make him 2C, to 4C to possibly a healthy scratch with Kuznetsov coming on board.

I didn't even know he was playing last night until halfway through the second when I saw his name plate after a play and right before the commercial break.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I find it odd that teams don't want to spend a 1st for 2 years of Savard at 50%. Maybe Hughes isn't willing to retain here, but I have a hard time seeing him be more valuable next year to get a 1st.

He's a 33 year old D-man who struggles at playing a high pace. I'm not sure if I was a contender that I'd want to trade a 1st who last made the playoffs years ago and was playing 3rd pair minutes. Even with retention.

If I had to guess, that's the sticking point. From what we've seen, Montreal has one of, if not the deepest prospect pool in the NHL and lots of picks. They need more upside, but its not worth it to Montreal to retain on Savard right now if all they're getting are low upside prospects or later picks. Better to retain flexibility for the offseason when there are more trade opportunities. Especially since Montreal probably doesn't want to call more guys up from the AHL right now.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I find it odd that teams don't want to spend a 1st for 2 years of Savard at 50%. Maybe Hughes isn't willing to retain here, but I have a hard time seeing him be more valuable next year to get a 1st.
I don't think they really expect to get a 1st next year, I think it's just a situation where they're happy to just keep him around as a mentor for another ~80 games if all that's on the table right now is a 2nd. If that 2nd becomes a 3rd + 5th next year or something like that it doesn't really matter.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
TSN THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN MATTHEWS AND MCDAVID
Matthews last night was scared of his own shadow , the entire bottom 6 of the leafs +bert and domi were out there mucking it up all night while the core 4 were skating away from any sort of confrontation :laugh:. They let Rat Marchand injure knies, steal their lunch , and dominate them once again

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we make a non-Savard trade, it will likely happen right at the end of the trade deadline. Hughes will reserve the last retention spot for Savard, but if no teams offer a 1st, then he will probably use it to trade Pearson/Allen

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If we make a non-Savard trade, it will likely happen right at the end of the trade deadline. Hughes will reserve the last retention spot for Savard, but if no teams offer a 1st, then he will probably use it to trade Pearson/Allen
Good point. Or Armia retained could have value.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

... personne. For the life of me I don't know why anyone would want Pearson. And while first for Savard is nice, I don't see any takers. Savard is ok as second pairing dman. He should stay... why trade him? His contract is decent and his play is not horrible.
Somebody wanted Dwight King and Andreas Martinsen. Just saying ...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The returns for Guentzal and Hanafin were really underwhelming.

If prices stay that low for a 27 year old like Hanafin, we should try to use the Jets 1st to trade for such a player with an extension.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So KK went from 3rd OA, to 3C in Montreal, to 3C in Carolina with attempts to make him 2C, to 4C to possibly a healthy scratch with Kuznetsov coming on board.
Wasn’t he 4C without Kuznetsov? I thought the Canes were playing Drury and Staal ahead of him these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad