Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Just watching TSN for the cringe.
when-the-cringe-is-too-strong-strong.gif

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They missed the playoffs last year. Still that was the first time they missed the playoffs in the last 17 years. Went to the scf 4 times during this period.
And one of those times was a Game 7 OT winner against the Sens. I would love to have that over the heads of that fanbase for the rest of my life :laugh:

Reactions: habsfan891

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Dubois has one heck of an agent eh..............it would seem the kid barely likes hockey, and his agent has made him a multi millionaire.....
Daily LA Sports

@dailylasports

One thing I have noticed a lot with PLD is that when he plays physical he is so much more effective and engaged with and without the puck. Tonight he had a goal, 3 hits, and perhaps his best shift of the year. Maybe, we can see more big plays in big moments from him.

Reactions: BLONG7

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
HABS WILL WAIT FOR A 1ST OR JUST KEEP SAVARD CAUSE HE IS GREAT FOR THE YOUNG D.

- every insider the last 2 weeks
To be fair I am very surprised at the reluctance of most teams to spend a 1st this year compared to other years. Seems like all trades are a bit cheaper than usual for the buyers

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
HABS WILL WAIT FOR A 1ST OR JUST KEEP SAVARD CAUSE HE IS GREAT FOR THE YOUNG D.

- every insider the last 2 weeks
We have to stop looking at these guys as "insiders"...they're trade breakers, meaning they get a heads up of completed trades a few minutes before both respective teams tweet it out officially.

But they're rarely providing any "inside" information that anyone with common sense can't gather themselves.

Reactions: McGees

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
We have to stop looking at these guys as "insiders"...they're trade breakers, meaning they get a heads up of completed trades a few minutes before both respective teams tweet it out officially.

But they're rarely providing any "inside" information that anyone with common sense can't gather themselves.
For good GMs, they're communication tools.

Reactions: Leto

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Can't really blame a team with Crosby and Malkin trying to stay relevent. Yeah it sucks cause we all know the horse is dead and the only realistic option is to end his suffering with a bullet in the head. They should have retooled a few years ago after trading Kessel now it's too late.

That’s the thing, it makes sense to try to keep them relevant but why trade for an old offensive RD when you have Letang as part of your core group :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad