Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s the Karlsson trade that made no sense.
Yup The horse was already dead.
The Penguins have been in the decline ever since they couldn't beat us in that Covid play-in.
Had they started dismantling then they would be miles ahead of where they will be next season.
Think of the assets they could have pulled in for Crosby Malkin and Letang.
In this day and age it's no big deal giving your best players another kick at the can elsewhere while stocking the cupboard.
There really is no room for sentimentality in a Capped League.

Reactions: 417

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
expect-the-unexpected.jpeg
oh it's in the same category as an unexpected error in TI. Like bro an error is always unexpected if it is expected then it's not an error it's a validation or a catch.

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Penguins have been in the decline ever since they couldn't beat us in that Covid play-in.
Had they started dismantling then they would be miles ahead of where they will be next season.
In this day and age it's no big deal giving your best players another kick at the can elsewhere while stocking the cupboard.
But it’s the Pens. Maybe their goal is to ride it out with legends, still have fans show up, then when they all retire at the same time, they will win the lottery(ies) for another generational player(s)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Not sure why people still watch TSN on TDL anymore with social media available. You get news faster and you don’t have to watch these cringe idiots try and be funny and sing stupid songs
Even when there used to be more trades on Trade Deadline day, I always found watching it to be the biggest waste of time and would feel shitty afterwards for completely wasting a day of my life. :laugh:

Reactions: le_sean

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can't really blame a team with Crosby and Malkin trying to stay relevent. Yeah it sucks cause we all know the horse is dead and the only realistic option is to end his suffering with a bullet in the head. They should have retooled a few years ago after trading Kessel now it's too late.

Reactions: Rapala

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Not sure why people still watch TSN on TDL anymore with social media available. You get news faster and you don’t have to watch these cringe idiots try and be funny and sing stupid songs

Twitter is a mess since Elon Musk bought it. Can't even use Tweet Deck anymore so yeah, TV it is :(

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The only way to make the all day coverage interesting would be to go total goofball with it and have the panelists do a live variety show or something , occasionally interrupting the wackiness to tell us about the one trade that got made in the last hour. I wanna see Duthie juggle with bowling pins or ride a unicycle or something :P

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Funny for people to shit on the Pens. We have a fanbase excited because we might finally have our first 80 point scorer since 2007-08. They’ve seen 3 Cup wins and got to watch two of the greatest players of all-time on a nightly basis in pretty much the same time frame. Now they might finally miss the playoffs for the 1st time in like 15 years. I wouldn’t care as a fan. I’d take a decade of mediocrity just to have half of that success.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Damn those rumours with Dubois to the Bruins. I don't really want him in my face during the season.

About Allen, I have the feeling teams are gonna bite but we're gonna stuck having to take some contracts in return, I feel.
Where did you see that?

I missed that one.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Funny for people to shit on the Pens. We have a fanbase excited because we might finally have our first 80 point scorer since 2007-08. They’ve seen 3 Cup wins and got to watch two of the greatest players of all-time on a nightly basis in pretty much the same time frame. Now they might finally miss the playoffs for the 1st time in like 15 years. I wouldn’t care as a fan. I’d take a decade of mediocrity just to have half of that success.
They missed the playoffs last year. Still that was the first time they missed the playoffs in the last 17 years. Went to the scf 4 times during this period.

Reactions: le_sean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad