Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Can't really blame a team with Crosby and Malkin trying to stay relevent. Yeah it sucks cause we all know the horse is dead and the only realistic option is to end his suffering with a bullet in the head. They should have retooled a few years ago after trading Kessel now it's too late.
As much as people hate on Dubas, he's pretty good at getting young depth players from late draft picks/free agent prospects/etc.

Bunting might very well end up giving 50-60 point production while they replenished decent depth to their pool. Canes always drafted and developed well so the guys they got could be something. I don't think they can even afford to pay Guenztle 8-9M. With his injury, Bunting might actually help the Pens more this season.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
As much as people hate on Dubas, he's pretty good at getting young depth players from late draft picks/free agent prospects/etc.

Bunting might very well end up giving 50-60 point production while they replenished decent depth to their pool. Canes always drafted and developed well so the guys they got could be something. I don't think they can even afford to pay Guenztle 8-9M. With his injury, Bunting might actually help the Pens more this season.
Dubas took on Karlsson's contract...that makes him an idiot.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
TDL time is once again upon us! I'll drink to the next TDL that the Habs will be more competitive and add the needed players. :thumbu::thumbu:

Tanner Pearson, the man, the myth, the player that is blander than his name. Will he still be a Hab, will anyone notice? or is his blandness a trait to be coveted and desired? Tune in after 3pm if anyone even cares.:dunno:

200w.gif

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Pending trading call, Evgeni Kuznetsov is being traded to the Carolina Hurricanes for a 2025 third-round pick.Washington is retaining 50 percent on Kuznetsov (one more year next season at a $7.8 M AAV)

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
For good GMs, they're communication tools.
I mean sure, but they're rarely saying anything noteworthy...a lot guesswork and opinions, masquerading as inside information.

Like do you really need Pierre Lebrun to tell you/us that Kent Hughes doesn't feel pressured to move Savard unless he gets his price?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I mean sure, but they're rarely saying anything noteworthy...a lot guesswork and opinions, masquerading as inside information.

Like do you really need Pierre Lebrun to tell you/us that Kent Hughes doesn't feel pressured to move Savard unless he gets his price?

I like to think of them as insighters instead of insiders.

They're rarely going to leak anything noteworthy, but they actually speak to a lot with NHL front office executives and have access. Their guesswork and opinions, if not deliberate plants, tend to be more informed than what fans are.

And considering the number of people that just want guys traded or fired off into the sun, it is nice to have connected guys in the media go "hey, this GM isn't that much of an idiot and isn't going to make moves for no reason".

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Man still can't believe the low price for Guentzle. Good trade for the Canes.
A lot to give up for just one cup run. Unless Bunting was a intangible negative for them, the upgrade is only partial in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: neil2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad