Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I think there’s a good player in PLD. He’s shown it before and I think Boston helps turn him around. He’d be the 1C and playing with Pastrnak.

It was kind of strange for him to go to LA considering they have Kopitar, Danault and Byfield. I guess they were preparing early for Kopitar’s retirement? Still, it hasn’t worked out and if they get out from that contract, genius by them.
You can have all of the skill but when you have a personality like PLD who expects everything to be handed to him like being ahead of kopitar or anybody from day one just shows how stupid he is. Guy is a joke to hockey

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The most I think will happen today is another AHL trade. Nobody wants Habs' vets that ourselves don't want. Molson will have to suck it up and buy them out. The buyout process should have started 2 years ago and we'd be down to 2 by now. Hoping year after year that they will miraculously turn it around and yield any kind of return is just plain dumb. Ah well... here is hoping Leafs crash in the first round again.

Reactions: Habs13

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
WTF is that trade Clause hahaha

View attachment 832149
1709909378934.png

Reactions: HomaridII

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
cap hit and term? UFA are not "free" non of them would come on the cheap or for a short term deal. So signing one mean a long term commitment and cap space gone in a potential competing window.
Montour and Pesce are the only two I could see getting contracts over 5mil per year and significant term. Montour deserves it, Pesce would just be for the name as I think his skating has fallen off a fair bit. An outside chance Roy might if the market gets super weird. Carrier could get term at 27 but I don’t see an issue with that as he’d fit a competitive window.

Would be more effective to have a solid veteran defenceman here for more than a year if we want to bring players up in a winning environment. Not all of the young RD will make it.

I’d actually try and sign Carrier whether or not Savard gets moved…

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not sure why people still watch TSN on TDL anymore with social media available. You get news faster and you don’t have to watch these cringe idiots try and be funny and sing stupid songs

Reactions: HomaridII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad