Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Who is this magic made up ufa rhd that is signing with the habs this summer to replace Savard again?

Wrong way to look at this imo.

Our window is Suzuki and Caufield contract. (6 and 7 next years)

Savard is a valuable pieces now but he won't be for the duration of this window. Matheson will be, for example.

It would be dupe to not consider trading Savard. It has nothing to do with replacing him, Guhle is playing RD and Reinbacher will be here rather sooner than later.

I agree and recognise every benefit Savard brings. I don't see any upside in trading him for 2nd RD picks or B assets. But if a team unfolds his 1st, it would be criminal to not let him go in the name of mentorship. (Or a piece that will help during that 6-7 years window)

Why would the Bruins trade him? Right now, they have a potent 1-2 punch between the pipes. Ullmark beat the Leafs on Monday and Swayman beat them on Thursday.

To bring in assets to complete other deals, according to rumours guys.

Agree that it would be special if they traded him, and if they do, its gonna be for win-now impact pieces elsewhere in their line-up

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Savard is a valuable pieces now but he won't be for the duration of this window. Matheson will be, for example.

It would be dupe to not consider trading Savard. It has nothing to do with replacing him, Guhle is playing RD and Reinbacher will be here rather sooner than later.

I agree and recognise every benefit Savard brings. I don't see any upside in trading him for 2nd RD picks or B assets. But if a team unfolds his 1st, it would be criminal to not let him go in the name of mentorship.

Agree that it would be special if they traded him, and if they do, its gonna be for win-now impact pieces elsewhere in their line-up
Wishing we could be a fly on the wall today, to hear the discussions, about not just today, but this upcoming draft/summer and where they feel they want to go and with whom.

As you say, if his price on Savard gets met, you have to deal him........................very unlikely though.
This time next year, different story.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

I agree and recognise every benefit Savard brings. I don't see any upside in trading him for 2nd RD picks or B assets. But if a team unfolds his 1st, it would be criminal to not let him go in the name of mentorship. (Or a piece that will help during that 6-7 years window)

My understanding is there is a price for him (prob a 1st or prospect?).

I just find the “all they have to do is sign a vet rhd” comments quite convenient and “hand-wavy” ;)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Probably posted, but...

1000004483.jpg

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Who wants to bet Crosby makes Bunting a 35 goal scorer next year?

I think Pittsburgh gets similar production from Bunting while adding a bunch of interesting futures.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Unfortunately that's not how sports works and really never has. While coaching and training is great, the player to player interaction and learning from guys who been there/done that is invaluable. The key is to figure out when the young player/group is ready to move on from that and able to take the next step.
Exactly, it's why another Chris Wideman extension is at the top of my to-do list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad