Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Kent's been real quiet since this dropped, he don't want none of this heat.

Funny how a tweet seems to carry more weight than a post. When you look at it, Habsexpat is just a regular dude posting in here. When he posts here, he mostly provokes eye rolls. His tweets should be no different.

If you look at draft capital, there is no need to do anything more this deadline. The work is done. I would like to see Allen traded today, but at the same time, KH lowering his price would counter his negotiation stance which is to stick to his price whether he gets it or not. It may hurt in future negotiations. I could see him staying put for that reason alone.

However he is also doing favors to his players all the time, so if Allen wants out of the 3 way carousel, I could see him being traded for a small return.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Funny how a tweet seems to carry more weight than a post. When you look at it, Habsexpat is just a regular dude posting in here. When he posts here, he mostly provokes eye rolls. His tweets should be no different.

If you look at draft capital, there is no need to do anything more this deadline. The work is done. I would like to see Allen traded today, but at the same time, KH lowering his price would counter his negotiation stance which is to stick to his price whether he gets it or not. It may hurt in future negotiations. I could see him staying put for that reason alone.

However he is also doing favors to his players all the time, so if Allen wants out of the 3 way carousel, I could see him being traded for a small return.
Fixing the 3 goalie issue today I hope is the highest priority

Reactions: nhlfan9191

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I expect the Islanders to do something today, and Nashville. And I expect Vegas's 2024 first to move.

If Savard moves, IMO, its to one of those 3.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

A tweet from a random loser with no audience carries absolutely no weight.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Leave it to twitter twits to cry about everything lol

11 picks in rounds 1-3 the next 2 years, 4 in the 1st round. One has to have a massive chip on their shoulder to compare that to the Bargainbin era. Intellectually dishonest, minus the intellectual part

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Listen, I've blocked you and you've still not gotten the message? I don't understand why you can't leave me alone. No interaction, just petty sniping from afar is a strange obsession. Kindly stop farming my tweets for interaction when I don't even post on HF regularly. I know you people don't like me, please respect that.

He traded Monahan for a first. What are you talking about.
He should sell more and tank properly. Monahan for a late 1st is not enough when he's held onto Anderson and Allen until they've become worthless. The priority is to improve this year's Habs pick as much as possible so we don't have to endure yet another aimless not-competitive, no-playoffs season next year. If one supports tanking they'd understand this priority. If one does not support tanking, they'd understand it's better to end tanking as soon as possible by drafting the best prospects possible as soon as possible.

11 picks in rounds 1-3 the next 2 years, 4 in the 1st round. One has to have a massive chip on their shoulder to compare that to the Bargainbin era. Intellectually dishonest, minus the intellectual part
"11 picks in rounds 1-3 the next 2 years, 4 in the 1st round."

The tank and a higher Habs draft pick is more important than a multitude of later picks. We've learned drafting top3 is more important than drafting twice in the 20s.

I don't think it's dishonest or intellectually lacking to want the Habs to sell non-core players and finish the final stretch of the season with the maximal tanking possible. You may disagree but you don't have to insult someone who feels this way. It's a perfectly valid and reasonable position to take if one supports a tank.

Last edited:

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
It's really not a major issue as we aren't pressing to fill a roster spot or anything. If it happens great, if it doesn't....it will get done in the summer.

Reactions: dralaf

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
At what point has Hughes indicated he cares to fix the 3 goalie carousel or that he has any priority preference to do so? I don't feel like it's a major problem for this season in the first place, just another case of bad asset management.

Allen at this moment has bad stats and bad contract with a 7-team NTC, whatever that is worth on the market, it isn't a pretty picture.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's really not a major issue as we aren't pressing to fill a roster spot or anything. If it happens great, if it doesn't....it will get done in the summer.
If that's the case then I hope Primeau gets half the starts minimum until the end of the season. He needs to play

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Haaa! Him and his 50 something subscribers will appreciate his take.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
I'm thinking Allen and Pearson, but that's it.

Though I hope we can get rid of Anderson.
Using our last retention spot, whichever nets us the most return out of Allen, Pearson or brokering as a third party.
Expect a 4th or 5th rnd pick. Unless some desperate team comes calling for Savard, don't expect much.

Reactions: dralaf

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
My biggest interest in trading Savard is to try to drop into the top 5 in this year's draft, 4th or even 3rd preferably.
AX is flourishing with Savard. The question is do you want a better pick or do you want Xhekaj to keep developing with a good mentor

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad