Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Dubas went quantity vs quality....though...there's some interesting names in there. All 3 kids are doing very good this year.

AS of now, it seems underwhelming with no Morrow and Cie...but could pay off later.
Don't see anyone in their worth much. Koivuen could be but is he going to return to the NHL..

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I would've given that all day for Guentzel. Wouldve fit in good on the 2nd line next year.
Me too, I think too many people are caught up with his age. Plus the fact that he plays with Crosby. My only question is, who would our "Bunting" be?

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Damn, that's quite the haul. I really like Koivunen and Ponomarev is solid. Both players I wanted Montreal to draft. Ponomarev has a real motor on him. He's good defensively and aggressive offensively. Koivunen is just skilled and smart.

Ponomarev is already playing in North America. Koivunen could be playing in NHL as soon as next season.

Lucius is a good prospect too, and Pens either get a late 1st or late 2nd. I like this trade for Pens.

Ponomarev and Koivunen could be helping them as soon as next season. They need the depth.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I would've given that all day for Guentzel. Wouldve fit in good on the 2nd line next year.
Guentzel turns 30 at the start of next season. I don’t really know who we have as comparable to the 3 prospects. Roy/Beck/Engstrom?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Those are 3 very solid prospects. Habs need to be excelling in the draft to make trades like this in the future.

Yup, imo Koivunen & Ponomarev are legit. Lucius less so, but I like both those players. Bunting will add some pest qualities.

They need to get deeper as a team upfront. I think all of Bunting, Ponomarev & Koivunen are playing for them next season.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Guentzel turns 30 at the start of next season. I don’t really know who we have as comparable to the 3 prospects. Roy/Beck/Engstrom?
More like Farrell, Beck and Mesar if were only going forward. Roy is more valuable than all three of these.

He turns 30 sure, but we have to compete at some point, hes a good player that was just traded for spare parts, basically. Like 4 2nd rounders?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Not even close. We have no one that plays like Ponomarev. He's a bulldog on skates. Two-way play, hard forechecker, determined backchecker, great skater, a driven player.
If he was anything he should be in the NHL. They need centres unless they refuse to give up on KK.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
More like Farrell, Beck and Mesar if were only going forward. Roy is more valuable than all three of these.

He turns 30 sure, but we have to compete at some point, hes a good player that was just traded for spare parts, basically. Like 4 2nd rounders?
I like Roy the most too but Farrell is a nothing piece and not comparable. Frankly I’d take Ponomarev and Koivunen over Mesar too.

I’d rather get someone younger, especially since adding Guentzel won’t make us contenders.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If he was anything he should be in the NHL. They need centres unless they refuse to give up on KK.

They refuse to give up on KK because it's too embarrassing for them not too. There's too much depth on that team. Besides, it's his 1st year in North America, and he likely doesn't play center in NHL anyway.

I expect Pens to recall him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If it’s not one of our guys, I wonder who’s left where we could be the broker to use our last retention slot.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Only updrade to get at TDL would have been .. It's Ok to wait for trades untill off season. R.

Mittelstadt.. The price would have been a top young defenceman.​

Guess fair same deal. Guhle. or Xhakjai .. Yeah I would have to think hard on that one... Glad Colorado took the oppertunity away...

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They refuse to give up on KK because it's too embarrassing for them not too. There's too much depth on that team. Besides, it's his 1st year in North America, and he likely doesn't play center in NHL anyway.

He''s played in NA for years and the AHL for parts of 3 years.

He''s played in NA for years and the AHL for parts of 3 years.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

They are playing Lemiuex, Fast,, Martinook who are all mediocre. Any of them can sit and not be missed.

They are playing Lemiuex, Fast,, Martinook who are all mediocre. Any of them can sit and not be missed.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They keep KK until
1. He has not developed by June 2026 (otherwise his contract will be buy out, last date for 1/3 cap hit)
2. They need cap hit to re-sign players have to buy him out
3. They find a sucker to take on his contract without any retention.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yup, imo Koivunen & Ponomarev are legit. Lucius less so, but I like both those players. Bunting will add some pest qualities.

They need to get deeper as a team upfront. I think all of Bunting, Ponomarev & Koivunen are playing for them next season.
I dunno, the assessment from this guy doesn’t evoke very high ceilings — 2 of them project as bottom sixers and the third may not make it to the Show:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Isles should look at being aggressive. 2 points out of the playoff spot with 2 games in hand. They could even catch Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad