Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Getting up to speed here and it looks like a lot of teams have made their moves,who's left to make a splash?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
His value is what teams are willing to pay.
I just want the 1st and we're not winning anything next year.

Johansen not only sucks, is lazy and has a bad contract, but he also was apparently an issue in the locker room and players wanted him gone. He's not even a guy you'd want to just bury in the minors given you don't want a vet like that around young guys.

Trading away a guy like Savard who is a solid D, helps our young D and is a great leader to get a pick likely around 28th - 32nd while taking on a toxic player doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
May I introduce you to Powerhorse?

giphy-7.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Johansen not only sucks, is lazy and has a bad contract, but he also was apparently an issue in the locker room and players wanted him gone. He's not even a guy you'd want to just bury in the minors given you don't want a vet like that around young guys.

Trading away a guy like Savard who is a solid D, helps our young D and is a great leader to get a pick likely around 28th - 32nd while taking on a toxic player doesn't make a lot of sense.
My biggest interest in trading Savard is to try to drop into the top 5 in this year's draft, 4th or even 3rd preferably.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oh yeah, when I moved to hicksville. The first thing I made sure there was a liquor/beer store very close by. ;)

I know it doesn't make sense. But I"d so love to have Toffoli back.

Toffoli is UFA, which is why he’s going to get traded twice in one year.

NJD sent Sharangovich & 23 3rd for Toffoli, so let's see what they get back.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
My biggest interest in trading Savard is to try to drop into the top 5 in this year's draft, 4th or even 3rd preferably.

We are only 6th points out of 4th last and have a tough schedule to close out the season, with or without Savard we have a good chance at finishing bottom 5.

Last year we finished 5-13-2 in the last 20 (2nd last in the league only ahead of Anaheim) and the year before we also had an identical 5-13-2 in the last 20 which was 2nd last in the league only ahead of Philly.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Toffoli is UFA, which is why he’s going to get traded twice in one year.

NJD sent Sharangovich & 23 3rd for Toffoli, so let's see what they get back.
I'm actually surprised the Devils didn't try to sign him. He seemed like a good fit for them.

That is one of the funniest shit I've ever seen. That looks like former Habs player Cube.
Lol or me, the first time I went outside after Covid.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That's the way I'd hope our team would react. If we were in their situation. All they need is now is Allen.
Yep i don't want to go thru another MB era. Man we had Price, Subban/Weber, Markov, Patch, Plekanec, Petry and we did not go all in. We went for it only at the very end with Toffoli and Perry but *** there was only one year left to that window. I'm still **** mad about it man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad