Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The Devils, they're going to get way more for him than a late pick.
We'll see. For some reason, this guy signed for less than others and got traded for less than others. Compared to say Hoffman or Johansen.

But I could add a non-core prospect to the late pick. NJ won't get a big haul for a winger who is UFA to be.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
@John B
To get back to your post about TDL vs offseason value, we just saw with Edmundson that there really isn't that big a difference in value. So there's every reason to believe if Savard is worth a 1st right now that he'll still have that value in 3-4 months time.
Can't argue with that one. Beauvillier just went for a 5th as well (same as what Chicago paid to get him). It's hard to make an argument with proof for my position, because we don't really know what is being offered for players unless a trade actually happens. But if a trade happens at the deadline we don't know what the return could have been a few months down the road in the offseason. Maybe it just seems like returns are better because there is more actual trades that happen in such a short amount of time compared to the offseason which is more drawn out.

Reactions: Sorinth

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm kinda disappointed the KH haven't trade Allen.... He was on top of my list with Amia close 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad