Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nah I'd want more now. Johansen is a douche with serious attitude and work ethic issues. Even though they are also lazy, at least Armia and Dvorak are competent defensively and aren't giving their coaches headaches.
Well, they give them headaches when they're useless. Armia has been better, but Dvorak... oof that was just brutal and he looked pretty solid on Arizona. Injuries and bad luck

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Honestly, I don't expect anything. Hughes got his 1st for Monahan. He's drowning in picks and young D and they will form the basis of a trade in the offseason. Whatever we have is virtually worthless - and GM's are reluctant to cough up 1sts or young forwards. Maybe hughes retains on Savard and gets his 1st or young forward from a desperate team at 2:59 pm Maybe he does that with Allen and gets his 2nd rounder demain.
otherwise maybe there's a pity move to send pearson to a contender for a pack of chewing gum

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well, they give them headaches when they're useless. Armia has been better, but Dvorak... oof that was just brutal and he looked pretty solid on Arizona. Injuries and bad luck
RyJo is not useless, he's a liability. Armia and Dvorak are at least good defensively. If Philly is attaching a pick to him then sure I'd trade Allen for him, but not 1 for 1 straight up. He's got a terrible reputation.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Honestly, I don't expect anything. Hughes got his 1st for Monahan. He's drowning in picks and young D and they will form the basis of a trade in the offseason. Whatever we have is virtually worthless - and GM's are reluctant to cough up 1sts or young forwards. Maybe hughes retains on Savard and gets his 1st or young forward from a desperate team at 2:59 pm Maybe he does that with Allen and gets his 2nd rounder demain.
otherwise maybe there's a pity move to send pearson to a contender for a pack of chewing gum

I expect maybe a small piece like Kovacevic, Pearson or to be a broker in another deal but other than that, you're right.

KH will play this summer, that's where our assets might be more tempting.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sucks for Vancouver to not re-flip Lindholm while adding Guentzel. Not sure what the Bruins plan B is, they are screwed.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I get that Guentzel is an upgrade to Bunting, but wouldn’t the goal to be to have both and make yourself a legit contender? I feel like it’s just a slight step forward here

Reactions: Habs10Habs

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
We are all quantity and no quality..
lots of mid round picks...
lots of good D prospects...
but no BLUE CHIP STARS to be seen...
We need to find a way to pkg up picks/D to get either higher picks or good forward prospects.

This is my way of saying I hope we get another 1st for Savard and pkg it to move up/trade for forward prospect.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I get that Guentzel is an upgrade to Bunting, but wouldn’t the goal to be to have both and make yourself a legit contender? I feel like it’s just a slight step forward here
I wouldn't call going from a middle 6 forward who sucks in the playoffs to a good 1st liner with a great playoff history as a slight step forward.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
We are all quantity and no quality..
lots of mid round picks...
lots of good D prospects...
but no BLUE CHIP STARS to be seen...
We need to find a way to pkg up picks/D to get either higher picks or good forward prospects.

This is my way of saying I hope we get another 1st for Savard and pkg it to move up/trade for forward prospect.

Hutson is very much a blue chip star.
Roy has some untapped potential as well.
We are missing perhaps another bonafide star forward but hopefully with time we can fill that gap.

Things seem to be looking up especially as we keep unloading the horribad contracts from the barginbin era.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
NJ has made Toffoli available.

Considering that:
  • KH and MSL said great things about him and felt bad to trade him
  • the team needs vets with good character and some actual production level
would anyone object to giving up a late pick if it was pre-arranged that Tyler signed a 2 year extension at say $3.4M?

His goal totals since leaving LA have been:
10 GP and 6 G for Vancouver
89 GP and 37 G for Montreal
119 GP and 45 G for Calgary
61 GP and 26 G for New Jersey

279 GP and 114 G Total

This is a consistent 33 goal pace, and we know he has a great attitude and loves Montreal.

I'd pay a 5th or 6th rounder to lock him in for 2 years.

He's UFA. We can sign him in off-season. We definitely wouldn't take him on now.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Gets Allen out and hopefully means Dvorak is gone.

Two birds stoned in the hand, or whatever it is.

So you hope to take on dead weight with rumors of bad character because it necessarily implies we'll find a taker for some of our other dead weight? I wouldn't even consider johansen a center, tbh. Allen and dvorak at least seem to be well liked in the room.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
13 goals -15 maybe there is more in the lockerroom and they are happy to get rid of him, looks like they move out all the assholes, TDA and Lemieux on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad