Post-Game Talk: TRADE DEADLINE 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
So you hope to take on dead weight with rumors of bad character because it necessarily implies we'll find a taker for some of our other dead weight? I wouldn't even consider johansen a center, tbh. Allen and dvorak at least seem to be well liked in the room.
Why... why wouldn't you consider Johansen to be a centre ?

Yeah, he's not great and the Habs won't take him, but it's kind of been a shitty job this year carrying way too many players all year long for no reason.

Reminds me of that clown Bergevin and fellow clown Therrien who rotated through Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn. If you made a mistake you were benched and then scratched.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
We are all quantity and no quality..
lots of mid round picks...
lots of good D prospects...
but no BLUE CHIP STARS to be seen...
We need to find a way to pkg up picks/D to get either higher picks or good forward prospects.

This is my way of saying I hope we get another 1st for Savard and pkg it to move up/trade for forward prospect.

The way I see it there's two ways out of it for MTL.

1) You trade quantity for quality

In general this doesn't happen. You can't add two 5s to get a 10.

2) You realize that no player's trajectory is set.

You continue to look for that talent in the draft, but you also work with the talent you do have to help it get to that high end.

This might actually be happening as we speak with Nick Suzuki.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wouldn't call going from a middle 6 forward who sucks in the playoffs to a good 1st liner with a great playoff history as a slight step forward.
Obviously it’s an upgrade but he still is on pace for a 50 point season and brings toughness.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Hutson is very much a blue chip star.
Roy has some untapped potential as well.
We are missing perhaps another bonafide star forward but hopefully with time we can fill that gap.

Things seem to be looking up especially as we keep unloading the horribad contracts from the barginbin era.
I like Hutson but he is not. Many are waiting to see how he does in NHL with his size before they anoint him legit.
Roy is a middle 6er...maybe his peak years will be a legit top 6.
After that the forward cupboards are pretty damn bare.

Reactions: Runner77

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Sucks for Vancouver to not re-flip Lindholm while adding Guentzel. Not sure what the Bruins plan B is, they are screwed.
It turned out Monahan was the best center traded at this TDL. If our GM wait until now, we may get extra picks/prospects for Monahan.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Obviously it’s an upgrade but he still is on pace for a 50 point season and brings toughness.
Bunting kinda sucks, he's closer to a cap dump than a contributing player. I wouldn't use toughness as the word, he's a massive p***y that's a hot head who hurts his team with moronic penalties.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bunting kinda sucks, he's closer to a cap dump than a contributing player. I wouldn't use toughness as the word, he's a massive p***y that's a hot head who hurts his team with moronic penalties.
3 teams in a short time, and getting ready to be moved again. He has a short shelf life everywhere he goes

Reactions: Runner77

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Why... why wouldn't you consider Johansen to be a centre ?

Yeah, he's not great and the Habs won't take him, but it's kind of been a shitty job this year carrying way too many players all year long for no reason.

Reminds me of that clown Bergevin and fellow clown Therrien who rotated through Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn. If you made a mistake you were benched and then scratched.

My impression of his game is that he's not potent enough to be a top 6 center or responsible enough for the bottom 6. A fill in winger? Sure why not if you have no choice. I'm no expert on his game though and could be off the mark. I'm not some dvo fan or fond of the 3 goalie rotation, but I'd still see it as a net loss in culture with effectively no gain on the ice.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Just saw that Beauvilier got traded from Chicago to Nashville for a 5th. Wow! Has his value ever nose dived!

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
If they're worried about that, they can always take a body back in a trade of Pearson.

it's 4M, close to Allen's cap hit. So we'd trade a basically equal cap hit with equal term left of a player that isn't all that useful to us for another useless player. But we get a. 2nd in the process.

On the other hand, by all accounts Allen is a good presence in the locker room and respected by his teammates, while Johanson was basically jettisoned from the team due to his egregious lack of compete. I'd say no to this deal if I'm Hughes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will be dissapointed if nothing happens. Not because a destiny happens at the deadline. Or in the summer. Or during a season. I believe the destiny of a team happens through the draft.

But I will be dissapointed because this is more time spend with a ton of dead wood still with the team. And more time before we have a full team ready to go who despite being ready to go...will take some time before being a contender.

Again...time just passes....just like it did in the Price era. Yes, the depth is more there now than during the said Price era...still....there's just so much work to be done.....

Did I just see you guys got Jacob Perreault?
Jacob isn't Gabe...lol But he's a fine prospect.

Reactions: HABitual Fan

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Yeah, I'd take Johansen at this point
I do that as well. Add Felix Sandstrom so that the Habs don't have to call up Dobes if one of Montembeault or Primeau get injured. Sandstrom is UFA at the end of the season where Habs can just let him go. Would be nice if the Flyers added a pick too since Sandstrom is just insurance. Flyers still have picks in every round of the upcoming draft and next year's draft. Only missing a 5th rounder in the 2026 draft.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Well, look at the team. The players suck.

Allen's GAA is over 3.6.

Ducks and Oilers asked the Habs to be the 3rd party broker for the Henrique deal and they declined
And Hugo was smart to do so unless at least a 2nd was involved. Even if they don't use the last retention spot who cares about a 4th, 5th or 6th round draft pick.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad